1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Just gettin' around TRYING to clean my lopi leyden

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by muss, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muss

muss Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Embden, Maine
    Ain't happy right now. Just fired off an email to Travis Ind. , who make the stove. I will post their reply when i get it :mad:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. tinkabranc

tinkabranc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Coast MA
    Whats wrong Muss?
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

I sent you a PM about this.
  4. richkorn

richkorn Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE CT
    So what's up with this Muss? I have a Leyden coming in in a few weeks. Should I worry?
  5. muss

muss Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Embden, Maine
    Well, being the president of the Procrastinators Club, I just got around to do or should i say try to do a thorough cleaning. Following the manual, i took off the cover to the exhaust blower to clean the inside & lo & behold there was a sealed gasket covering the inside to the impeller(fan blades). Too bad cause the heat i had from it this past winter was beyond my expectations but i know i somehow have to do a total clean up job . I burnt 3 different pellet brands & had no problem but with 3 dogs around, i have to clean the guts somehow cause i'm sure some parts must be furlined. Got your PM awhile ago Pete, thank you for that . Tomorrow i'm gonna fire off another email to 'em . Appreciate your concern also Zeta . Stay tuned :down: Muss
  6. richkorn

richkorn Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE CT
    So if you don't mind me asking, what is that telling me? there's not supposed to be a sealed gasket? And while your at it, what is a sealed gasket? Maybe this thread went right over my head :bug:

Thanks!
  7. firemannate31

firemannate31 Member

Loc:
    Michigan
    Muss,

I ran into the same thing on my Avalon Arbor, which is pretty much the same as the Leyden.

If you are careful enough, you can use a straight razor blade to separate the gasket from the housing.

I had a spare on hand before I tried this though, just in case I damaged it.

Good luck.
  8. muss

muss Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Embden, Maine
    Sealed gasket is a complete gasket, i.e. like a cover. Muss
  9. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA

? Maybe you meant tinkabranc because I haven't posted to this
    thread until now.

N e way, I sure hope you get it sorted out muss!
  10. muss

muss Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Embden, Maine
    :red: Your right zeta, i did mean Tincabrac . But i remember you both from last season & your both great people Muss
  11. mullet

mullet New Member

Loc:
    VA
    If I am not mistaken it is just a paper gasket right? Why not just get some high temp gasket material and make your own?
  12. muss

muss Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Embden, Maine
    Thanks Mullet, great idea. I'm gonna put that on my to-it list :p Muss
  13. thekid_1

thekid_1 New Member

Loc:
    Upstate NY
    Muss,

Just curious if you tried to make your own gasket and if it worked out ok?
  14. muss

muss Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Embden, Maine
    I ain't done s..t since i posted my complaint to you guys cause the fishin' here in the area has been fantastic . I know, i know ...... shame on me . God knows when i'm gonna check it out again. I haven't even used the email that macman sent me for customer service . Been like that all my life & it has cost me dearly at times . But i know 1 thing for sure, i love this site & all you people . Gonna be burning tonite for sure up here Muss
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.