Just got all nighter but no nameplate?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve B

Nov 3, 2014
Connecticut
I just purchased an all nighter and all the measurements fall inline with the mid moe. The seller said it hasn't been used since 1987. There is a small gold plate on the back of the stove on the top right, but nothing anywhere else to say that its a mid moe and have the UL. Looking for some general info and also if i really do have an all nighter stove because i was under the impression that all "all nighters" had a UL listing.

Attachments

• Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 196
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 202
  • nameplate.JPG
    nameplate.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 188
Thank you for the reply, I looked over the manual and thank you that is very helpful information. When you say maybe its an "early moe", what are u refering to?

In the manual they say it is UL tested. I was wondering if your unit is pre-UL testing or if the label just fell off.

Oh ok, i haven't gone to my local building department yet but i hope i don't have any issues with being able to use this stove. Again thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.