Just got done with the install first burn pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder

Oct 2, 2008
Southern, NH
Only thing left to do is to paint the trim and seal the tile with tile sealer.
This is a St. Croix Lancaster with pellet conversion. I have a St. Croix Hastings down stairs and I'm happy with it.

We are expecting some snow tomorrow anyone know if the silcone sealant I put atop of the thimble on the outside will have enough time to dry? its 50 out right now tomorrow it will be 30 at night.

Attachments

• lancaster.JPG
    lancaster.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 993
Nice stove and install Sidewinder. I don't think you'll have a problem w/ the silicone....it should be good to go.

BTW, silicone sealer doesn't dry...it cures.....it actually takes moisture out of the air to do that. On our race cars, we actually spray the fresh silicone with a mist of water to speed things up. Really humid days make it cure even faster.

macman said:
Nice stove and install Sidewinder. I don't think you'll have a problem w/ the silicone....it should be good to go.

BTW, silicone sealer doesn't dry...it cures.....it actually takes moisture out of the air to do that. On our race cars, we actually spray the fresh silicone with a mist of water to speed things up. Really humid days make it cure even faster.

Never knew that thanks for the reply. My first hearth it came out ok I guess. Could of been a lot better but it does the trick.

Hey I think your hearth looks great - good work!

Happy heating!

Steve

I have a St Croix Pepin which is the same stove but an earlier model... you'll like it I'm sure. Mine has worked perfectly since I bought it used last year.

Looks great,nice job on the hearth.If I do another one I would build my own hearth like you did.

You should be fine with the silcone its 40 up here tonight,probably warmer down your way.

First time I have seen the Lancaster in a "real" setting.
Very nice lookin stove

Pretty stove and pad. You will love the heat it puts out. Nothing like it.

Thank you for the complements people, its working just great puts out a lot of heat for a little guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.