Just Got My Northern Tool Cant Hook / Timberjack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thing is built! The add said fiberglass handle, it didn't say it was 1.80 in. diameter solid fiberglass!
Without the timberjack it weighs 15 lbs., the steel sleeve is pinned to the handle. At 39.99 + 15.00 shipping, it was a deal.
119031_lg.jpg

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200357988_200357988

I didn't buy it for the timberjack, I like to cut and roll. Haven't had a chance to use it, but I have no complaints about the construction. Will report when I get to use it.

Reactions: albert1029
personally i have two log rollers. I have one still one that's made of steal and 4'. It doesn't have the jack on it. Then I have one made of wood that's 4' that has the jack on it. I first bought the wood one with the jack. I found the jack annoying when rolling logs. The jack got in the way. So, I use the one without the jack to roll them around and then the one with the jack to lift them to cut.

I've been using that Northern Tool timberjack for a few years. Surprisingly beefy and durable.

Good looking tool.
I could have ued that Saturday before I nailed the dirt and trashed a good chain.

I got it for Xmas last year and have used it many times. It is very useful for turning logs and jacking them up off the ground. You will definitely like it once you are able to use it. Please report back.

I too have the same timberjack. I think I remember reading some slightly negative reviews about this tool somewhere just shortly after I already bought it but at least for me and my usage it works very well. I sometimes take the jack-stand part of it off in the woods when it isn't needed (for moving lots of logs around) and then I put the jack-stand on to buck the logs up off of the forest floor. I've moved logs much bigger than what they say the tool can capably handle. I like it lots and use it lots. Hope that helps.

I've never used the stand, but use the hook to roll large logs. I usually roll large logs up onto smaller logs to buck them, rather than using the stand. I really like this tool...it is very sturdy and well made.

Cool , been wanting to get a new one. How durable do you feel the handle is going to be.

Mine has been tossed around, thrown in a tractor bucket, and had very heavy logs on it. Not a problem so far.

Bump to the top........................what say you MrWhoopee???? Also, they must've read your thread..................it's up to $49.99 now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.