Just got my...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ponyboync

Jul 12, 2009
NC
new to me insert. It's a Buck Stove Model 91. Found her on CL for five hundred big ones. A lot less than a new one.
I do appreciate all the advice given here on hearth.com. You can learn a lot here.
This will replace the old Black Bart. I'm hoping to get long burns with less wood and have no problem heating the house.

Wood Heat Stoves said:
the buck91 is a great stove, big and heavy, cat if i recall and 8" flue??

Yup, it is big and heavy, does have a cat and an 8" flue outlet. I was thinking about tapering down to a 6" liner to help the draft and maybe hold more heat. Probably not a good idea though, I suppose.

ponyboync said:
Wood Heat Stoves said:
the buck91 is a great stove, big and heavy, cat if i recall and 8" flue??

Yup, it is big and heavy, does have a cat and an 8" flue outlet. I was thinking about tapering down to a 6" liner to help the draft and maybe hold more heat. Probably not a good idea though, I suppose.

consult the manual, but yes i believ the 91 was tested and approved for a 6 or 8" liner. the 6 will reduce draft not increase it fyi but 6" is easier to install...
i've installed several earthstove bv400 stoves(8" collar) with 6" liner with good results, but it was tested and approved by lennox..

Status
Not open for further replies.