Just Got The Go Ahead On The PE Pacific Insert !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
The site check passed just fine !!

Chimney is lined with clay. I haven't researched that much. Off to do it now !!

Anyways

dancingchicken2.gif

Atta boy, Bro! Go get 'em, man! :p (what's a "site check"?...I thought that was what I did here from time to time). Rick

You !!! I still gotta get to Bend, Estacadia, & Eagle Creek ! Maybe what I save in heating bills can pay for the trip !!

Site check is a check on my measurements (well, the fireplaces, that is
roll.gif
), chimney inspection, that kinda BS :p

I am still quite happy
fleh.gif

Signed,

The Poster Formerly Known As Shogunjack

I can see and hear this from my home...JBarJ is just down the hill and across a road. Events begin tomorrow morning. Thought you might appreciate it. Rick

http://www.jbarj.org/ohdc/

How awesome !!!! You oughta check it out !!

I'm a cowgirl at heart, hence Da Dix in my avatar :)

congrats Eileen.
i remember how psych'd I was when i got my stove.
you putting it in yourself? sounds like it... and probably the quickest way to get it in these days.
now thats its on the way, go stack wood!
hum... can you get the horses to stack wood for you?? that'd be awesome.

Started the removal of the old ceramic tile, and picking out a new tile, to make it look purty :p

Install is being done by the Ashwoods contractor. I don't want to mess with it, considering new windows, tree felling,log cutting, splitting, etc. Too much on my plate right now.

I'll get pics of the semi nekkid FP tomorrow, in better light.. It's some seriously non salvalable red brick, in my opinion. And I detest the look of painted brick work
4-thatsbad.gif

I wish the horses could do it, LOL !!

Congrats Eileen, sounds like you are on your way. Pics please!

Oh, and I gotta throw this in:

Way to go Dude.

p.s. My sister across the field from me has 6 of those hay burners. Don't know what they are, but theres the big one, and the little one, and...........

HELLO,

Fellow eastender and Pacific owner. Yer gonna love it!. Where you getting your wood and where on the east end are you.

Yeah, dudes.... I knew originally signing in under Jacks name would create confusion, lol !!

Glad to hear the insert performs well on a local level :)

I live in Ridge, work in Riverhead. I've been geting wood from Finks in Calverton for the past few years for the FP. I have 2 cords from him now, and almost 2 of my own ready to go. We've been trimming out the lower back forty, and I figure I've got 4-5 cords just about ready to split & stack, and will continue working on the trees on the property (1 + acre of heavily wooded oaks, pines, etc), and letting the younger ones grow for future use. I can see that if managed carefully, it could be self sufficient for heating the house.

3 hayburners, the big brown one, the lovely red & white one, and a brown & white rescue mare named Matisse, with alot of trust issues. She's coming along. Takes alot of time and patience when they lose trust.

Finks eh? how much they charging you know? Anyway, the insert heats my 1.5 story 1400+ sqft cape to 80 on the ground floor if I crank it and 70 upstairs, slow long burn its more like 75 and 65 without breaking a sweat. Get a magnetic thermometer, got mine at Griffing hardware on Main street, its a rutland and fits perfectly above door on the right hand side. She routinely runs over 700 at that spot when shes got a full load of oak. stays that high maybe 1/2 hour, sometimes up to 750 for a short while. thats with the air control fully closed. You'll get 8 hours burns no problem with a full load and that is to coals that will restart a fire, I have had 9 hours of the fan running but thats rare. although she might not be the prettiest, mine is all black with the sunburst pattern on the door, she is a workhorse.

Glen

Thanks for the thermometer tip WX!! I'm in and out of Citibank, so not an issue !!

I paid $200 per cord, that was last month. Woods at a premium here, what with shipping it to get here, etc. Better stock up now, if you haven't !

House layout

HOUSELAYOUT61408.jpg

We're heating the main part of the house, to the left. Bedroom, kitchen, bath & bedroom are an accessory apartment. I figure maybe 1200 SF.

Insert is going in den, labeled "bedroom 19.6 x 11.2". Done some renovating :) Ceiling fans through out.

27ruthlane.jpg

The way it looks now, tonight.

PIC00004-1.jpg

It's a blank slate, I love it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.