Just had my new insert installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikevolpe

Sep 1, 2009
southeastern Pa
Hello

I just had a Lopi answer insert installed and had my first break-in fire yesterday. Wow, I cant wait to get home and fire it up again. Although this is my first post I have been reading this forum for quite a while. I felt very comfortable shopping for the stove, thanks to all the information on this site. The only mistake I made was paying for the install, which took about 2 hours, and was way easy. I am sure I have some questions when I start burning more.

Mike

Welcome to the forums and to the Lopi family. We love our Lopi Endeavor, and I look forward to putting it to good use this weekend.

Congrats on the stove. You have a fine piece of equipment there. How much did you pay for the install? Are you going to claim the tax credit on it? If you paid say $600, after the tax credit it would be $400 and a few hundred bucks is worth it to make sure your investment is installed safely. Plus, just because it took the crew to install in a couple of hours, doesn't mean it's all so easy. You just may have had a cracker jack crew.

I stayed home from work to watch and learn while the crew installed the stove. They were excellant and I am pleased with thier work. It would have taken me alot longer to do. I wanted to have it installed because I wanted to make sure it was right. I just realized after they were done it was really straightforwrd. I am sure there are plenty of installs where they run into problems and the experince comes into play.

Overall I am happy, just next time I will do it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.