Just had Oil tank filled up?!...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ssman said:
It took 303 gallons? How big is your tank? Most tanks hold a max of 275 gallons bone dry.

My tank holds 303 gallons, 330 gallon tank. Also have a 275 gallon. A 275 gallon holds 250 gallon, needs expansion room.

I filled my tank in December and it is around half right now.I can't really do a pellet comparison yet,due to the fact that I only installed the stove on Tuesday 1-6.In cold Jan.-Feb months,I can fill up twice a month,so three tons of pellets @ $239.00/ton hopefully will be less.But I agree with many,The oil companies can stick their oil.

Just saw an ad from my oil guy- 1.79 a gal, think its time and dollar wise to fill up now- to keep my options open. By the way my oil guy wanted to check out my stove and told me hes probabaly going to buy one for his new house hes building on the cape!!!

0 gal of oil consumed for home heating this year, except for 10 to 20 gal of gas feeding my chainsaw. I'm sure a decent amount of money goes to OPEC for processing tree pellets.

Just remember. Any comparison between 2 heating periods (last year versus this year, or last Jan versus this Jan for example) are totally meaningless unless you are factoring in the degree days. Unless you are using the degree days for the time periods you are analyzing, you results are invalid because it most likely was warmer or colder between the two time frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.