Just how available are Woodstock stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunner said:
I checked out the website and couldn't find a dealer in my area....infact there is only 1 dealer in all the world :lol:

Why are we recommending these stoves to people, with no local support?

What if my house is bigger than 1600sqft, am I out of luck? there is no stove in there lineup to heat more than 1600sqft.

$2714 US +tax+shipping for a Fireview and anyone outside the US would also have to pay duty+ brokerage fees at the border. After all that I would still have to drive to a shipping terminal to get the stove with some buddies(case of beer) because woodstock like to avoid residential shipping or charge another $165.

########################## :) ########################

Hey gunner........the avg 1700 sq ft house uses about 19,000 BTU/hr so even for a 2400 sq ft house, the 55,000 BTU/hr or so stove they make will easily heat a home.....if it won't, it's a heat distribution problem and not related to stove size.......also, although there's not a dealer around (they only sell from the factory) it seems to be the highest rated stove around as rated by users...........

this turned into a good thread :cheese: ....................

I'm not saying I'm buying all the input ( Sandor ) but a hell of a thread. :coolsmirk:

I had to take the day away from the forum ........it was time .

Worked in the home shop all day and cleared my head ( with loud tools :gulp: ) Had to get some odd ball stuff finished before spring hits and also pops 70th birthday is tomorrow so i also fabricated some requested items from him and set up plains for the big day ............

Cheers .

castiron said:
Gunner said:
I checked out the website and couldn't find a dealer in my area....infact there is only 1 dealer in all the world :lol:

What if my house is bigger than 1600sqft, am I out of luck? there is no stove in there lineup to heat more than 1600sqft.

$2714 US +tax+shipping for a Fireview and anyone outside the US would also have to pay duty+ brokerage fees at the border. After all that I would still have to drive to a shipping terminal to get the stove with some buddies(case of beer) because woodstock like to avoid residential shipping or charge another $165.

Hey gunner........the avg 1700 sq ft house uses about 19,000 BTU/hr so even for a 2400 sq ft house, the 55,000 BTU/hr or so stove they make will easily heat a home.....if it won't, it's a heat distribution problem and not related to stove size.......also, although there's not a dealer around (they only sell from the factory) it seems to be the highest rated stove around as rated by users...........

Really, I checked the Woodstock website and it's rated for 900-1600 sqft....I don't think it'll heat 2400sqft, maybe in the Carolinas? We all know the mfg sqft is also alittle inflated...plus 55,000 is the MAX. I'd like to have alittle more a not need it then need it and not have it, that's just me.

When we get into the - single and double digits I run by 3cu stove 600 non stop just to maintain temps in my open 1800sqft home, 700-800 if I want to play catch up.

There is no arguing they are a fine stove with great reviews.

Gunner said:
castiron said:
Gunner said:

What if my house is bigger than 1600, am I out of luck? there is no stove in there lineup to heat more than 1600.

Really, I checked the Woodstock website and it's rated for 900-1600 sqft....I don't think it'll heat 2400sqft, maybe in the Carolinas? We all know the mfg sqft is also alittle inflated...plus 55,000 is the MAX. I'd like to have alittle more a not need it then need it and not have it, that's just me.

When we get into the - single and double digits I run by 3cu stove 600 non stop just to maintain temps in my open 1800sqft home, 700-800 if I want to play catch up.

There is no arguing they are a fine stove with great reviews.

I was scared of those sq ft numbers before I bought my stove. I called and asked about it and basically they said there are so many variables for that sq ft heated number they just went with one that they thought was safe. It heats my 1800 sq ft from the basement just fine, and I have read about others heating over 2000 sq ft no problem. I just think they don't like to overstate the numbers like all the other stove manufactures do.

Status
Not open for further replies.