Just how old are we?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kong

Nov 28, 2009
North Eastern West Virginia
Many posts asking for advice on a saw purchase degrade to a contest to see who can claim to have the largest and best saw.

When I was a 180 pound 35-year-old it didn't make a hoot-in-hell how large or powerful a saw was, bring it on. Now I'm way closer to the grave than I am to a full set of teeth and big chain saws are not quite so appealing.

Maybe if we all had some idea how old the audience is we'd have a better idea of what makes sense for the people who come here.

So, how old are you?

Allows me to play from the senior tees sometimes. LOL 54

25 here, i came here for saw advice upon purchasing and still took on a saw a hair smaller than what people were recommending. I sure do love it though, havent had a complaint yet....other than my inexperience with saws in general has dulled my chains faster than they should!

In this here picture we have a flower. That flower is growing out of some dirt. I am older than that dirt.

Attachments

• MVC-416F.jpg
    MVC-416F.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 976
33 years old and its going fast!

Andy

Are you saying you are older than dirt but have new growths?

Pretty picture of a crocus though. I don't know that I've ever seen them grow in acidic soil or under pine trees.

Matt

25 and feelin it been pretty hard on myself for bein a young pup still.

I fell off the top of your scale when I turned 61 in December. Rick

Jags said:
Lets just say I had to vote in the 40~50 bracket. :sick:

+1 but I got a big SAW! lol

smokinjay said:
Jags said:
Lets just say I had to vote in the 40~50 bracket. :sick:

+1 but I got a big SAW! lol

Even the 361 with the 25" bar on it gains a little respect from time to time. ;-P

The big 40 in March

21 with 32 years experience here as of Jan. 2 ....

Ray

65 and just being a little more careful nowadays. The key for me is to use weights to keep ready for the summer cutting. The crosscountry skiing keeps the legs ready.

............geez.. old enough i had to stop and think about it 57 :gulp:

EatenByLimestone said:
Where do you vote if you are, say, 30?

Matt and 33
If you feel young, vote 20 - 30.
If you feel old, vote 30 - 40.

I think it's age discrimination not letting those over 60 vote. At least I'm still young enough to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.