1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Just how old are we?

Post in 'The Gear' started by Kong, Jan 18, 2010.

?

1. Less than 20

13.8%
  2. 20~30

32.9%
  3. 30~40

29.0%
  4. 40~50

24.3%
  5. 50~60

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    I'm impressed dog! Thinking that your regimen is what keeps you in shape just the wood part is enough.. Good for you! To many retirement means watching TV and sleeping in and this tends to kill them early.. From what I've seen it's important to stay active to keep you mentally and physically fit..

Ray

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Gunks

Gunks Member

Loc:
    Ulster Cty, NY
    Lots of youngsters here. Celebrated my big 60 a few months ago. Still scrounge, haul, chain saw, hand split and stack 100% of all the wood I burn.
  3. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    You are younger than many here with all the activities you perform! Age is only a factor when you let it take over..Keep it up Gunks!

Ray
  4. golfandwoodnut

golfandwoodnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pittsburgh PA
    Dennis, you got me thinking. I was born in 55 and I am going to be 55 this year, that is odd or should I say even. :cheese:
  5. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Closer to 60 than 50 on the voting options.
    I lived:
    BW TVs only, watched the moon landing live, $.02 & $.05 cent pop bottles returns, $.26.9 gal/gas, Walking "commodity lines" with Mom, Ike, Kennedy election & death, Cuban missile crisis, don't remember much about the late 60's but can't remember why yet lived thru it (peace), $250/month military pay, Vietnam but lucky to not go, Watergate, Arnold Palmer #1 golfer, Bart Star & Johnny U quarterbacks. 70s Oil crisis with gasoline rationing,
    Hard work - little pay. . TV: Marlboro man. the Original Tarzan Red Skelton Bonanza first color TV show & more.
    Tools: metal cases on electric drills with no reverse or variable speed, hand saws, plumb bobs, carbide lights, manual then electric type writers
    Cut fire wood with an axe & bow saw. Logging with mules.
    Alaska became a State, Dad wanted to go but didn't, I made it here & he got to visit before he died.
    Other stuff.
    About it, too old to worry about remembering it all & Move'n on.

but younger then a "fossil"
  6. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    shoot, y'all are old. I'm about 12 (and a half). don't forget the half.
  7. thinkxingu

thinkxingu Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH
    33, 34 in July. Will probably age quicker with the birth of my first son in June. Need to get one-a them Stihl toys.

S
  8. dispatcher101

dispatcher101 Member

Loc:
    Colorado
    24...played ultimate frisbee this morning, and well, i don't feel 24 now and probably not for a couple more days...lmao!!!
  9. kenwit

kenwit Member

Loc:
    long island
    How many daughters?
  10. prairiefire

prairiefire Member

Loc:
    rural saskatchewan canada
    32 but act like i'm 14 i don't think i will ever grow up. :p
  11. Stax

Stax Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeastern PA
    32 and now just getting into wood heat.
  12. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    I'm 47.Worked for a local tree service from age 18-20,construction for the past 27 yrs,been working in the woods in my spare time & doing the occasional cut-for hire since I was 17.Felling,bucking,splitting,stacking it all manually.After alll these yrs its quite tiring on some days,especially in Summer when the thermometer gets over 80 with high humidity,but I still enjoy it very much.Plan to keep doing it as long as I'm in good health.I just like being in the woods when I get the chance,even if its just for a hike,birdwatching or looking for Morels in early-mid May.
  13. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
  14. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado- near the Divide
  15. Whitepine2

Whitepine2 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Southern Ma
    68 today still cutting and splitting about 10 cord a year. Installing second outside boiler a Portage & Main this time. Hopefully less wood to burn and more to sell.Only as old as you feel but slowing down some now. Better equipment 4X4 65 HP tractor and Farmie wench make life much easer also made wood processer about 12 years ago it will split 30" round and 15' long wood works real good.
  16. Battenkiller

Battenkiller Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Just Outside the Blue Line
    Yup. Never said nuttin' 'bout saws, though.

59 here... just squeaked into the last age class in the poll. Need to add a couple more decades for Quads and Sav methinks.
  17. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Turn 30 Saturday. Some think its young. I believe where and how you grow up, have a lot to do with the maturity level that you have. I have owned my home for almost 10 years. All my vehicles are "Paid For" (2003 F-150 FX4 Supercrew & 2 2011 Ford Focus') Have had my job (Only real job) for over 10 years now.. Have a 9 yr old Son and a Newborn Daughter. Love heating my home for my family. Gives me a sense of Pride that I Love.Me and my Son went to Akron Ohio on a Scrounge today to get a load of Pine. Didnt put a dent in it. So after his last day of school tomorrow, we are taking truck and trailer back up and picking up the rest of it. I don't Post my age in my Profile for a reason and that because of another Forum I am a member of. They are not a FAN of youngsters like myself.

Thought about not posting my age in here (Really old thread). But, there are a few members here that know my age. Figured what the heck. This place is so welcoming. Maybe this Forum wouldn't see me as "Young". Broke many a bones Riding/Racing Dirtbikes and ATV's. Still ride. Just not "All Out"... Have to go to work for the Family... So I am 30... But I get older (and learn more about wood) everyday, just like you.............. Love my Hearth.com... Only place I feel welcome.
  18. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    41 and feel like I could rip the azz outta the world one handed most days!
  19. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    thats very graphic, and a bit disgusting....I love it. 36ish year old body...66ish yrs old spirit..yah, I like Tommy James and the Shondells, what of it?
  20. oldspark

oldspark Guest

59 for a little over a month and then it is the big 60 for me.
  21. wendell

wendell Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Madison, WI
    50 in December.

I was most shocked by Lee. I figured for sure he was a cranky, old fart. :lol: ;-)
  22. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Yup he certainLEE is!

Ray
  23. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Older than the rocks that dirt came from.

I don't think quads is even as old as we are. If he is, and is still splitting a cord a day, he should be able to get into the Guinness Book, and I'll raise a glass of Guinness to him.
    :)
  24. cptoneleg

cptoneleg Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Virginia
    62 here, still cutting, splittin and stacking
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.