Just how old are we?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
leaddog said:
67 this morning, went to the gym to work out, went out to the woods and cut a couple 70ft maples and hauled them up and pulled them on my stack to cut. i think I'm 72 to nite.
leaddog

I'm impressed dog! Thinking that your regimen is what keeps you in shape just the wood part is enough.. Good for you! To many retirement means watching TV and sleeping in and this tends to kill them early.. From what I've seen it's important to stay active to keep you mentally and physically fit..

Ray

Lots of youngsters here. Celebrated my big 60 a few months ago. Still scrounge, haul, chain saw, hand split and stack 100% of all the wood I burn.

Gunks said:
Lots of youngsters here. Celebrated my big 60 a few months ago. Still scrounge, haul, chain saw, hand split and stack 100% of all the wood I burn.

You are younger than many here with all the activities you perform! Age is only a factor when you let it take over..Keep it up Gunks!

Ray

Backwoods Savage said:
42. No wait! That was the year I was born.

Dennis, you got me thinking. I was born in 55 and I am going to be 55 this year, that is odd or should I say even. :cheese:

Closer to 60 than 50 on the voting options.
I lived:
BW TVs only, watched the moon landing live, $.02 & $.05 cent pop bottles returns, $.26.9 gal/gas, Walking "commodity lines" with Mom, Ike, Kennedy election & death, Cuban missile crisis, don't remember much about the late 60's but can't remember why yet lived thru it (peace), $250/month military pay, Vietnam but lucky to not go, Watergate, Arnold Palmer #1 golfer, Bart Star & Johnny U quarterbacks. 70s Oil crisis with gasoline rationing,
Hard work - little pay. . TV: Marlboro man. the Original Tarzan Red Skelton Bonanza first color TV show & more.
Tools: metal cases on electric drills with no reverse or variable speed, hand saws, plumb bobs, carbide lights, manual then electric type writers
Cut fire wood with an axe & bow saw. Logging with mules.
Alaska became a State, Dad wanted to go but didn't, I made it here & he got to visit before he died.
Other stuff.
About it, too old to worry about remembering it all & Move'n on.

but younger then a "fossil"

shoot, y'all are old. I'm about 12 (and a half). don't forget the half.

33, 34 in July. Will probably age quicker with the birth of my first son in June. Need to get one-a them Stihl toys.

S

24...played ultimate frisbee this morning, and well, i don't feel 24 now and probably not for a couple more days...lmao!!!

I'm 47.Worked for a local tree service from age 18-20,construction for the past 27 yrs,been working in the woods in my spare time & doing the occasional cut-for hire since I was 17.Felling,bucking,splitting,stacking it all manually.After alll these yrs its quite tiring on some days,especially in Summer when the thermometer gets over 80 with high humidity,but I still enjoy it very much.Plan to keep doing it as long as I'm in good health.I just like being in the woods when I get the chance,even if its just for a hike,birdwatching or looking for Morels in early-mid May.

68 today still cutting and splitting about 10 cord a year. Installing second outside boiler a Portage & Main this time. Hopefully less wood to burn and more to sell.Only as old as you feel but slowing down some now. Better equipment 4X4 65 HP tractor and Farmie wench make life much easer also made wood processer about 12 years ago it will split 30" round and 15' long wood works real good.

EatenByLimestone said:
So who are the teens? Didn't your Mom tell you not to play with fire? :lol:

Yup. Never said nuttin' 'bout saws, though.

59 here... just squeaked into the last age class in the poll. Need to add a couple more decades for Quads and Sav methinks.

Turn 30 Saturday. Some think its young. I believe where and how you grow up, have a lot to do with the maturity level that you have. I have owned my home for almost 10 years. All my vehicles are "Paid For" (2003 F-150 FX4 Supercrew & 2 2011 Ford Focus') Have had my job (Only real job) for over 10 years now.. Have a 9 yr old Son and a Newborn Daughter. Love heating my home for my family. Gives me a sense of Pride that I Love.Me and my Son went to Akron Ohio on a Scrounge today to get a load of Pine. Didnt put a dent in it. So after his last day of school tomorrow, we are taking truck and trailer back up and picking up the rest of it. I don't Post my age in my Profile for a reason and that because of another Forum I am a member of. They are not a FAN of youngsters like myself.

Thought about not posting my age in here (Really old thread). But, there are a few members here that know my age. Figured what the heck. This place is so welcoming. Maybe this Forum wouldn't see me as "Young". Broke many a bones Riding/Racing Dirtbikes and ATV's. Still ride. Just not "All Out"... Have to go to work for the Family... So I am 30... But I get older (and learn more about wood) everyday, just like you.............. Love my Hearth.com... Only place I feel welcome.

XactLEE said:
41 and feel like I could rip the azz outta the world one handed most days!

thats very graphic, and a bit disgusting....I love it. 36ish year old body...66ish yrs old spirit..yah, I like Tommy James and the Shondells, what of it?

59 for a little over a month and then it is the big 60 for me.

50 in December.

I was most shocked by Lee. I figured for sure he was a cranky, old fart. :lol: ;-)

wendell said:
50 in December.

I was most shocked by Lee. I figured for sure he was a cranky, old fart. :lol: ;-)

Yup he certainLEE is!

Ray

Older than the rocks that dirt came from.

Battenkiller said:
Need to add a couple more decades for Quads and Sav methinks.
I don't think quads is even as old as we are. If he is, and is still splitting a cord a day, he should be able to get into the Guinness Book, and I'll raise a glass of Guinness to him.
:)

62 here, still cutting, splittin and stacking

Status
Not open for further replies.