Just in from the rain

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buc White

Sep 13, 2012
Connecticut
just received 1 ton of Vermonts and 1 ton of Logik-e's this morning. they make my basement smell great. There was alittle break in the rain so instead of leaving them outside until tomorrow i figured I might as well get them in the house while i'm off from work. Carrying all of those by hand is a good workout. As I get older I'm not going to want to lug those babies anywhere. lesson learned ( get a large wheelbarrow )

photo.JPG

Never burned the Logik-e's but I love the Vermont's.

I find unloading a pick up truck 2 bags at a time goes fairly quickly.
Flip them up onto my shoulder and carry them that way into basement and onto waiting pallet.

Enjoy the warmth.
---Nailer---

just received 1 ton of Vermonts and 1 ton of Logik-e's this morning. they make my basement smell great. There was alittle break in the rain so instead of leaving them outside until tomorrow i figured I might as well get them in the house while i'm off from work. Carrying all of those by hand is a good workout. As I get older I'm not going to want to lug those babies anywhere. lesson learned ( get a large wheelbarrow )

View attachment 74208
Just a suggestion, but from the pic you posted it looks like those are sitting on the cement floor - you may want to bring the pallet down and restock them on it to get them off the floor to avoid any moisture getting to the pellets.

Where did you get your pellets from? Cost? Delivery fee?

will do mike d. The pallets have to dry out because of the rain and tornado watches for our areas today. The pellets are actually sitting on a carpet, on top of lenolium. They should be ok for a few days. My finished basement doesn't get damp at all. In the dead of summer its only 35-40% max humidity with the windows closed so it doesn't get moist down there.

I ordered them from BT Pellet in Bristol. $580 with tax and delivery . I emailed them before I ordered and asked what the delivery charge was. To my area it was $60 for a ton and an additional $10 every extra ton

Good luck with them this winter! Thanks for the price info, I like keeping an eye on how much places in our area are charging. You'd be surprised how prices can vary for the pellets and delivery.

I just got 3 tons delivered from BT. I was able to cheat. They dropped the pallets in my garage with a forklift.

2 tons new england, 1 ton cubex.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Snip...

I as able to cheat.

They dropped the pallets in my garage with a forklift.

... snip

That isn't cheating that is proper planning and it prevents p*ss poor performance issues in certain anatomical parts, such as knees, back, hips, legs, shoulders, arm, wrists, and paws along with ticker preservation for older pellet burners ;) .

Good luck with them this winter! Thanks for the price info, I like keeping an eye on how much places in our area are charging. You'd be surprised how prices can vary for the pellets and delivery.

thanks. I'd like to pick up another ton before the cold weather. I also moved all those bags out of the room and put the pallets down. The pallets needed to dry from the rain.

photo[1].JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.