Just installed a BK Princess fan kit!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbels

Mar 6, 2014
Lima, NY
I just installed the fan kit on my BK Princess. Firstly, let me say that the install was a snap. It couldn't be easier and it really looks nice. I'm still working out if I'm going to put an outlet behind the stove on the wall or floor so as to hide the cord a bit more, but that's not a big deal. I've been running a fan next to the stove that blows across it, but that is no comparison to what this fan kit does. I am happy with it.

However, I was a little disappointed with the fact that there are no operating instructions/suggestions for operations. would any of you who run a fan kit tell me how you use it? Is there a method to when it is no/off, and what speed you are using it at and when?

Thanks!

Typically you would run the fan at a similar setting as the stove. Meaning, if the stove is on low so is the blower. It's really whatever you are compfortable with. I run mine on low unless its really really cold out.

Your stove's owner's manual has the instructions you're looking for. Available online if you pitched them already.

I run the fan speed at the same setting, or lower, as the stat. Usually the fans are all the way low for quiet or off. They work very well on the lowest speed.

Don't turn the fans on until the stove is up to temp and cat is well heated.

Your stove's owner's manual has the instructions you're looking for. Available online if you pitched them already.

I run the fan speed at the same setting, or lower, as the stat. Usually the fans are all the way low for quiet or off. They work very well on the lowest speed.

Don't turn the fans on until the stove is up to temp and cat is well heated.

I didn't think to look there. I probably looked over it when I read through it when I got the stove because I didn't have a fan! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.