Just Installed a New EKO-LINE BOILER - Front Fan not comming on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I'm seeing anything that I can understand on adusting this thing so it doesn't eat up so much wood. I don't see a fine tuning section. It doesn't really go into detail at all. I pretty much have no idea where to start.

Superman said:
I don't know. I'm seeing anything that I can understand on adusting this thing so it doesn't eat up so much wood. I don't see a fine tuning section. It doesn't really go into detail at all. I pretty much have no idea where to start.

The reference to "fine tunning eko" is to the tread here on the forum. It tells how to adj. your primary, secondary and fans to get the best burn. read the whole thead and if you don't understand ask and more info will be found here I'm sure.
leaddog

Perfect. I'll check it out. Thanks.

So I've been running it for about five days now. I think its working as it should. But I have a few questions.

1) When cleaning out the bottom chamber; if there are hot coals down there, should I scoop them out as well or just wait till its all ash?

2) When cleaning, should I let the fire die out every few weeks to clean it real good or just burn through the winter as long as possible with not breaks in the fire?

3) In the top chamber, I see a bunch of black soot, and black flakes, looks pretty gross. The rope liner has also become a bit darkened (Yes, I put some graphite on it). Is this normal?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.