Just installed a new Empyre Pro Series 200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvmyempyre

Nov 29, 2011
Ct
I just finished the installation a couple of weeks ago and yes the Boiler is practically smoke free. The only downfall with an outdoor boiler is the amount of time and money the installation takes. In a typical year we burn around 1800 gal of oil right now the going rate is 3.60/gal which is 6480.00. I paid 8000.00 for the boiler and around 3000.00 for all of the extras. With that said we are talking about a 2 year payback. We looked into solar, but even with the state incentives it would still take 18 years before the system would pay it self back. Without a doubt a good gasification boiler is the best bang for your buck if you want to go green and save money at the same time.

Where did you get the Empyre? Good luck with the new unit the wood savings are tremendous.

Enjoy the unit - make sure your wood moisture is between 15 and 22 %. More or less is OK, but the wood in that range works best.

Agreed Pelletdude. My 400 Profab is being fed a diet of about 12% moisture. It uses very little wood. It has been an extended shoulder season here in Maine, but based on what I have seen, I think I'll burn 50% less wood compared to my ole 6048 CB unit.

I love it so far with my old indoor wood furnace I could not regulate the boiler temp enough to allow me to burn on a 50 degree day. With the new Pro Series the warmest the boiler temp has been is 183 degrees even when its been close to 60 outside.

congrats on the pro200 i'm into my third burning season with mine...Love it only thing ya might wanna build is something to make sure those holes dont get plugged going to the secondary chamber...I just welded a plate to some black pipe so i can go in and poke that plate in the holes to make sure the holes themselves are open...happy burning....Hoogie

Status
Not open for further replies.