Just Installed A VC Intrepid II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cjpetey

Jan 13, 2008
Attleboro Ma.
Just install the the stove and Selkirk chimny this weekend and did the first break in fire tonight.
P1010002.jpg

sweet... nice stove. I love Burning wood.

looks good
Are you afraid the stove will run away I see you got it all fenced in and the armed security guards are just off camera right lol.
Seriously I would be willing to bet you got rug-rats running around and don't want them getting too close to the stove.

Just curious as to why the Tee in the living room? Is that class A coming down? Did you need to use the Tee because the double wall could not meet clearances where the ceiling penetration was?

Not saying there is anything wrong with it, just wondering.

Yes that is the class A chimny tee. I wanted the pipe to go straight up but there is a roofing rafter in the way. Also if i came straight down the double wall pipe was about 7" from the wall and i thought that was to close.

cjpetey said:
Yes that is the class A chimny tee. I wanted the pipe to go straight up but there is a roofing rafter in the way. Also if i came straight down the double wall pipe was about 7" from the wall and i thought that was to close.

A positive side effect is easy cleaning of the chimney

Status
Not open for further replies.