Just installed my first Pellet Stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianxman

Sep 6, 2012
vergennes, VT
Hi, I have been researching pellet stoves for quite a while and have frequantly found my way back to this site, it is a welth of knowledge and now how. So I just wanted to take the time to say thanks and tell you about my stove. I purchaced a used St. Croix Hastings that the local Harman dealer took in trade, I think he just wanted out of his show room, I only paid 900 bucks for it! So I built a hearth pad with some plywood and tiles I had laying around and installed everything including the exhaust pipe and fresh air intake this past weekend. I had it up and running for a couple of hours last night with some pellets I picked up while at Tractor supply and absolutly love it! I think I am going to use a hardwood/soft wood mix, what do other hasting owners use? Well thanks again and I am sure I will be seeing you around this site more often

Attachments

• 2012-09-10_18-19-44_911.jpg
    2012-09-10_18-19-44_911.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 255
Hello Brian

Nice work, it looks great!

You got a good deal deal since that goes for 3K brand new!
You might want to check if there are any stove updates. Many times the only change is an updated control panel since major changes require re-certification. Also if the paint is faded, then a can of 1200 Deg F Stove Bright paint would make it look brand new. In the fire box I use 2300 Deg F VHT Flame Proof auto header paint. Also if you want the fire brick to match your decor, you can paint it similar to what I did here. Just my 2cents LOL !
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...-for-the-mortar-like-this.89120/#post-1159871

Good luck and stay warm and toastie this winter!

Looks great !! welcome to the forum.

looks great

Nice. Welcome aboard.

Good deal on the stove and nice job on the hearth pad.

Nice looking stove! Hope you have a good quality surge protector on it.

When I got it the top was all faded and there were some scuffs on the sides, so I took all of the sides and top off and did paint them withstove paint then burned it off in the driveway, I did also take the metal mesh out of the door. As far as the back plate I am hoping to find a new one as the one that is in there is split in 2 pieces, it is hard to see it when the stove is off and impossible when it is running so it is not a big deal. I was wondering if I could put an on/off switch on the room circulator fan and run the stove with out the fan at times I think it would be nice to have the stove on but not blowing. I realize it would not be best practice as far as heating the house but it is also not my primary source.

Hello

Yes, you can use a 110 vac toggle switch to turn off the room blower. Some stoves can do that with the factor controls. However you must be careful not to run the heat level too high and OverFire the stove. If the stove is overfired it will trip the high limit snap disc. Usually that disc has a manual reset. But Overfiring a pellet stove can melt plastic hopper lid handles and destroy deltron (Type of plastic nylon) auger bushings.

Welcome to the forum! That is a nice stove. You'll love it. I just got mine last year and wish I would have bought one sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.