Just Installed Today! St.Croix Prescott EXP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wi Thundercat

Feeling the Heat
Dec 2, 2009
NW Wisconsin
I finally got the new stove installed today! A St.Croix Prescott XLP with selkirk direct-temp venting and a skytech wireless T-stat all on top of a home built raised hearth pad! Stove is running flawless so far and is a real heat throwing monster. Have been running it tonight on heat range 3 on the smart stat setting and it is doing a fantastic job keeping it 74 °F in the house and going to low fire after about 30 min. of running! Its 15 °F outside right now and very warm and comfortable all through the house. I just want to thank all the forum members who gave their time and answers to my questions as i am trying to learn about these stoves and wanted to make the right choices! Counldn't have done it without all your help then and in the future!!!!! Will talk again soon !

Attachments

• pellet stove 2-17-10 011.jpg
    pellet stove 2-17-10 011.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 712
  • pellet stove 2-17-10 010.jpg
    pellet stove 2-17-10 010.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 559
  • pellet stove 2-17-10 009.jpg
    pellet stove 2-17-10 009.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 611
Congrats! Great job on the hearthpad.
Next step, plug that stove into a good surge protector or UPS.

Pat10 said:
dont u need a surge protector?

Its there, a single use that fastens in place of the outlet cover. ;-)

SmokeyTheBear said:
Good deal and that picture should make macman happy.

Enjoy the heat.

X2.........lol

Great looking job.

Super deal when a plan comes together... Brrrrrrr 15F is cold.

Keep us posted on how well the stove does over the long haul.

Snowy

Congrats. Fantastic job on the whole she-bang.
You've got that right with the "heat throwing monster"
comment. Wouldn't trade mine for anything.
I find this stove to burn whatever brand you throw
at it but so far I've found the Barefoots, Okanagans and Lignetics
to burn the hottest for me. Ymmv.
The gold door looks spiffy btw.
Enjoy the warmth!!!

Thanks Everyone! Trying a few bags of indeck pellets made in ladysmith wi. and they seem a very hot pellet with about a half a cup of ashes in the ash pan after 20 hours of burning in smart-stat mode and heat on setting #3. Glass has a very light haze in the bottom corners otherwise its clear! It got down to 0 °F overnight and this morning the house was a comfortable 74 °F and stove was shut down as there no call for heat for over an hour! NICE!

Very nice install! Congradulations!

Eventually, I will remove my wood stove and place my St. Croix EXL on the hearth. I plan on changing over to the Selkirk vent that you have installed and that Krooser "croons" about. Snowy's idea of using the Nextstone panels will brighten up this hearth and the concrete wall behind.... thanks for sharing all those great ideas.

In the meantime, my EXL has been running for 2 weeks without a basic cleaning and almost 1.5 tons since the last major cleaning.... I am feeling a bit guilty! (not) Well its off to make a mess so that stove will continue to chug along!

Paul V.

Attachments

• PB130350.jpg
    PB130350.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 416
Very nice clean install.. Like the looks there.

I have a St Croix EXP also and this is my 2nd year with it. I purchased a wireless thermostat for it last year and could not be happier with the stove. I heat approx
1700 Sq ft and I burn approx 4 tons per season and Northern NY winters are cold to say the least. Great install and nice choice in a stove. Your gonna like it!

SmokeyTheBear said:
Good deal and that picture should make macman happy.

Enjoy the heat.

Yep, that stove looks great! Nice install, and happy to hear about the great heat it's throwing......and yes, I love the pics!
Also good to hear that you have the surge unit already installed....Nice ;-) Enjoy the heat!! (and keep the stove CLEAN!)

Thanks Everyone ! So far,So Good! Its running like a dream, Burning two days with t-stat set on 74 °F and have used a little over a bag of pellets so far. The indeck pellets seem to throw good heat and i don't have alot of ashes in the pan, also very few fines in the bottom of the bag. I went and picked up a ton of these tonight for 175.00 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.