Just installed used Lopi 400 series free stander a few questions 2nd stove in house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heatison

Dec 7, 2008
Putnam County NY
Bought it used from a guy at work($275), it was supposed to go in garage but was tired of hearing oil burner kick on for basement zone so there it went. My questions are to anyone else who may have this stove or seen one in use.

It's missing the brick inserts for the back walls is it a big deal, am I losing BTU's?

The front of stove has two holes the size of quarters one on each side below door should they be plugged(evidence of duck tape used to cover them)?

Thanks

You need the fireback not only for BTU loss but to control the heat transfer from the firebox to the electrical components and hopper. The holes I'm not sure about I don't recall those, but if they're going to add dilution air (air entering the box that isn't coming in the intake) then they shold likely be blocked. Contact a Lopi dealer and ask them to download and email you the manual for the unit. If the first one you call won't do it for free, call another.

You have a Lopi 400? You are a lucky guy!. I have had mine since 1992. I have run 4 Tons a year through it and it still runs like a champ. I have had to replace a number of parts but I consider that normal rear and tear. I would not run the stove without the Firebrick. When you order a new one it will come with a new hanger. The holes under the door are for the glass cleaning system and I think you should leave them open.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.