Just like everybody, looking for the best B.I.S. or high eff wood fireplace!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatttFire

Feb 14, 2008
Snowbelt, Ohio
Looking to build in a year, and I am doing ALOT of research on Zero clearance, high efficent, wood fireplaces, like a Napoleon NZ6000, or a Lennox, Montecito Estate. I have found alot of information, but nothing that just jumps out at me, and says "pick me pick me"! I want a stove that will crank out the heat, but be EPA 2 cert, so it won't eat the wood. I am looking for a quality pieace that I won't have to replace 5 years down the road. So what do you guys think?

P.S. it been a long time since I have been here, place still looks good, keep up the good work!

Jason

Oh yeah! what did it cost you, and any pictures of yours woul be nice!

I'd suggest you look at and RSF fireplaces: very rugged firebox construction, heavy units, and use standard Class A chimney to vent instead of crappy air cooled pipe. Lotsa options for ducting the heat out to other areas, clean burning. customizable.

Status
Not open for further replies.