Just made a few trips to the woodshed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from a night out. I loaded the stove with 3 pieces of wood. When I wake up I'll re-load it, maybe with a blue or a green shirt on.

Woodford said:
kenny chaos said:
fossil said:
I think your choice of attire, with the color blending and all, was marvelous. Rick

I concur that the brilliant blue really made the picture pop!
I'm more impressed with the number of splits balanced on one arm.
As you mature, you may consider splitting that into two loads, or even more.
After looking at that picture twice, I had to sit down and take a break.
It's already half the load it used to be.

That happens when you guys get old.

leaf4952 said:
...That happens when you guys get old.

We also begin to experience the onset of mentalpause, which seems to be pretty much the theme of this thread. %-P Rick

fossil said:
leaf4952 said:

We also begin to experience the onset of mentalpause, which seems to be pretty much the theme of this thread. %-P Rick

Thank god that hasn't happened to me yet, knock on wood.
Whoopsie, somebodies knockin', gotta run. :gulp:

Bigg_Redd said:
My brother-in-law has a white car in Oregon.

No kidding? I think I've seen him around. Small world. 8-/ Rick

fossil said:
leaf4952 said:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love listening to you guys & making fun of ya'll.

kenny chaos said:
Bigg_Redd said:

That's very interesting.
What color is it in Washington?

Black!

kenny chaos said:
Bigg_Redd said:
That's very interesting.
What color is it in Washington?
A guy called the cops to report his car stolen. It was still daylight when he entered the hockey rink. It was nightime when he came out. When the cop arrived he described his car as "the same model as this brown car" which coincidentally was parked right where he parked his red car earlier. It turned out the brown car had the same plate number too! The streetlight turned his red car brown. DOH!

Woodford said:
2eodt1s.jpg

is that what they call a "face cord" :)

LLigetfa said:
...Since it's heading for the stove, maybe it's a "stove cord".

If he paid more than about a nickel for it, I'd call it "Rip Cord". Rick

fossil said:
LLigetfa said:

Since he probably didn't pay anything for it, it's a "zip cord". In fact, it's probably hot.

LLigetfa said:
fossil said:
LLigetfa said:

In fact, it's probably hot.
It became hot...very hot.
Actually it's a reinactment of the previously mentioned wood fetching (in case nobody figured that out).
The original logs were massively huge. So huge that I pulled a ligament or corpuscle or something.
My forearm was pretty much dangling at that point, but the OP requested a pic and I felt obliged to provide.
So I mustered up the last bit of strength that my arm had and picked up the smallest piecies of said species and snapped the pic.

Woodford said:
...So I mustered up the last bit of strength that my arm had and picked up the smallest piecies of said species and snapped the pic.

Before or after you changed into the vivid blue T-shirt? Sorry about your corpuscle, that's gotta hurt, get well soon! Rick

fossil said:
Woodford said:
...So I mustered up the last bit of strength that my arm had and picked up the smallest piecies of said species and snapped the pic.

Before or after you changed into the vivid blue T-shirt? Sorry about your corpuscle, that's gotta hurt, get well soon! Rick

To be honest, it wasn't a T-shirt at all. It was one of those snuggle blankets that you see advertised on TV. I always wear it when I get wood.

A guy's wife asks him "what are you going to do today" "nothing" he replies
The next day she again asks him "what are you going to do today" "nothing" he says again.
"You said thats what you were doing yesterday" she says "didn't get finished yet" he answers

Status
Not open for further replies.