Just made a few trips to the woodshed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kenny chaos said:
I see the world through soot colored glass.
Tomorrow I will bark up a tree.

But will it be the right tree?

kenny chaos said:
I will bark up a tree.
Don't worry. It's bark is worse than its btu.

You guys better go check your carbon monoxide detectors! Your getting silly. :lol:

That's what birds are for. Rick

I'm about to leave for work. I'll bank up the fire and when I get home I should have enough coal bed left to restart a good fire.

Tomorrow I'll have to make another trip to the woodshed.

Just went out to the woodshed to have a look.....determined that I have some wood stacked in neat rows....looked up at my chimney, and noticed that I had some sort of heat coming out of it. Went back inside the house to investigate.

Forgot to add that it took me 57 paces to get to the woodpile....but only 52 paces to return to the house.....time travel perhaps?

Just took a trip to the wood pile and found an old RATS nest. I think my backyard feral cat took care of the rat. I found his corpse a few months ago under my splitter.

The snow is starting to melt a little bit around the sides of my woodpile. Stared at it awhile and went back inside
by the stove.

Saw my cat scratching on one of the logs.

I'm not sure what you guys are doing bring in an arm load of wood at a time. Get the kids to load up the wagon and pull it right in to the stove.

Attachments

• wagon_hearth.jpg
    wagon_hearth.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 254
I have a major problem. I have three pieces of hickory and five pieces of oak. I can only fit five into my firebox.

Should I put in all five of the oak? Or all three of the hickory and two oak? But then I won't have any more hickory...

How about two hickory and three oak? But hickory burns hotter and it's 16 degrees out...

What do I do?!

Probably have to go back to the woodshed... dammit!

Had a dream about Keebler elves kidnapping me and holding me ransom in their oak tree cookie factory. All the while feeding me salmonella tainted peanut butter cookies.
Woke up this morning in wood shed with wood !!!!!!!

Things that make you go,,,,, hmmm.

garmar said:
I have a major problem. I have three pieces of hickory and five pieces of oak. I can only fit five into my firebox.

Should I put in all five of the oak? Or all three of the hickory and two oak? But then I won't have any more hickory...

How about two hickory and three oak? But hickory burns hotter and it's 16 degrees out...

What do I do?!

Probably have to go back to the woodshed... dammit!
Buy a bigger stove.

garmar said:

Your forgot to look in your guidebook. On page 27 it clearly states that you need to first put in 2 hickory and 2 oak followed by 1 hickory and 3 oak.

You're welcome!

Bigg Redd has the coolest avatar in the universe.

Attachments

• 3000.jpg
    3000.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 303
Status
Not open for further replies.