Just made a few trips to the woodshed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wendell said:
garmar said:
I have a major problem. I have three pieces of hickory and five pieces of oak. I can only fit five into my firebox.

Should I put in all five of the oak? Or all three of the hickory and two oak? But then I won't have any more hickory...

How about two hickory and three oak? But hickory burns hotter and it's 16 degrees out...

Your forgot to look in your guidebook. On page 27 it clearly states that you need to first put in 2 hickory and 2 oak followed by 1 hickory and 3 oak.

You're welcome!

Are you sure? :grrr:

garmar said:
wendell said:
Your forgot to look in your guidebook. On page 27 it clearly states that you need to first put in 2 hickory and 2 oak followed by 1 hickory and 3 oak.

You're welcome!

Are you sure? :grrr:

Dude, I'm just telling what is in the book. And who am I to argue with that? :)

BTW, doesn't everybody have a copy?

"Craig Issod's Guide to the Proper Ratio of Different Hardwoods to Obtain the Absolute Best Burn Rate and BTU Production Along with 1,000 More Things You Need to Know About Burning Wood"

I got it on Amazon! :)

wendell said:
I got it on Amazon! :)

All proceeds are being donated to the "Young Republicans" club.

Well, today is another "trip to the woodshed" day. I'll take my time. . . probably play ball with the dog. Should I do this?

Wish me luck.

You should play Dog with the ball. Put on a mullet wig, use lots of profanity, and hunt that b!tcha$$ ball down. Once you get it down to the station, tell it you ain't got no beef personally, but you gotta do your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.