Just need to vent---SOME People SUCK!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KateC

Oct 7, 2006
Arizona
www.flickr.com
I've only been here a couple of days so you all don't really know me but think you'll understand where I'm coming from. Had to call the cops this morning as while loading his truck for work my honey discovered his chainsaw, 2 gas blowers plus the gascan full of gas had been stolen right under our noses----chainsaw being just outside the livingroom door on the enclosed porch and the blowers well back and to the side in a dark garage. Obviously it was someone who knew we had them and where, and though there was other 'good stuff' nearby nothing else was taken. I'm so frustrated and angry I can't see straight, and more than a little freaked out as it might have happened during the day while I was here alone. We are not well-off by any stretch and are slowly spending one small fortune after another renovating and upgrading this tiny house. Guess no matter how far in the Boonies you go to get away from the dregs of the gene pool it's never far enough.
Sorry to rant off here but bf had to go work overtime to pay for replacements and it's a little creepy here today. Peace to you good guys and go lock up your stuff.
Kate

I know how you feel. Last year I was doing some trimmer work at my parents house. Went inside to get a drink, came back out 5 minutes later and the trimmer was gone. The trimmer was on my parents front walk, 40 feet from the road. The chance of it being a passing car are slim, more than likely one of their neighbors was watching me and went for it. I was furious, still am. yes, some people do suck.

Rick

the bad thing about it is it sounds like someone that knows you and or you know them. they knew right where to look and take. and they still out there.

Ask the police if they will check with the local pawn shops.

I had a wood pile near the lot line next door to a new home being built one day my dogs are going balistic, Sure enough there was a pk truck next to my wood pile and two guys loading it. I let the dogs out first and came out with my double barrow shot guy resting on my shoulder. and asked the two guys that retreated into the back of the pickup truck what they were up to. I reminded them they still had time to put the wood back before the cops arrived and any attempt to exit I would shoot out the tires. If I ever see that pk near my yard I 'm shooting first then asking questions.

Went into Home Cheapo one day locked my tool boxes came out 15 minutes later locks broken tools gone. I sprayed them in weird green paint to mark them. Doing an insection 6 months later and what do I see a skill saw with that weird green paint on the handle I picked up along with my sawsall and half the tools that were stolen and put them back in my truck. The framer ask what I doing I told him taking back what was rightfully mine He bought them from a guy at a barroom. I went to my truck and show him a drill that had the same paint on it , end of the discussion. I asked him if he wanted the police to sort this out no answer. And yes I found enough to fail the frame inspection .

Worst part you probably know the person that stole your stuff. and that sucks.

Ammendment to previous rant----SOME people suck---a couple more today than yesterday-----I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
We have a pretty good theory about the culprit(s) and the cop agreed---not that we have any hopes but but he seemed to take it seriously enough---might help someone else anyway if there are any other thefts. I hope they at least get close enough to scare them into crapping their pants----makes me madder than anything that they're out their proud of themselves and laughing about it.
Thanks for the empathy.
Kate

yes sorry to hear your loss. this reminds me of why i wish we where more like the Amish people there trusting helpful loving and simple. with none of this hate and crap we live with in this world today.

i would try calling the police and i would check the local papers for ads and i would also check local flea markets early in the mornings around here if you don't get to a tag sale early there's nothing good left in the afternoon.

good luck
Jason

Hope this story cheers you up towards mankind

One morning I entered my local coffee joint to grab a cup. There was a college student aged young woman staring at the menu trying to decide what to get and she told me to go ahead of her in the line. The buisness proceded as usual and I left, got in my car and headded out to wait in the line of trafic in front of the joint. As I was doing so, this same young woman ran up to my window in a state of panic and asked if I had seen what had happened. I didn't get what she was getting at and she went on to try to explain that her backback had been stolen, that it had 'everything' in it, and she thought she saw the guy by my car... was I missing anything?.. "No" I assured her "I am not missing anything and I did not see anyone taking anything."

As I drove away, still a little dazed by the encounter It occoured to me that my laptop in leather case was in the car with me so I pulled over to check for it's continued pressence... I was GONE!

I rechecked 5 times before the reality set in... I'd been ripped off... and it kept setting for the next three hours until my wife called and told me she had gotten a call from a woman who had my bag.

The girl had seen the guy leave my car, get into another and drive off... after she consulted with me (to no avail) she raced off in the direction he left in, looking for the car she had seen, and her stolen backpack probably within it.

She spotted the car several blocks up... theif inside examining his gots... pulled out a stun gun... and told him to give her the bags... ALL the bags... She got them (about 5) and took them home where she proceded to use the contents to contact the victums... a true modern day heroine.

I will never forget her brazen act of good toward her fellow man... long live the memory of Tayna!

Sorry to hear about your stuff though... that sucks.

RoosterBoy said:
yes sorry to hear your loss. this reminds me of why i wish we where more like the Amish people there trusting helpful loving and simple. with none of this hate and crap we live with in this world today.

i would try calling the police and i would check the local papers for ads and i would also check local flea markets early in the mornings around here if you don't get to a tag sale early there's nothing good left in the afternoon.

good luck
Jason

WOW Good post R'
Yep thats stinks I hope ya find em". PG

Thank you all so much for commiserating with me, and Marty-- your story did it's job. Know I sound bitter but I just can't comprehend the mind of someone to do such things. It's not really about the 'stuff' but the lack of decency and respect, not to mention that if a person is ballsy enough to walk right onto your property and help himself to something he didn't earn while you're just a few feet away on the other side of the door----well, that's just a waste of balls. And if it were someone I may have considered a friend it sucks even more. But I believe in Karma and hope the Husky bites off his toes.
Enough spewing from me----that you all took the time to respond does more than enough to preserve my faith and perspective. Burn On.
Kate

I have gotten into the habit of leaving my shop unlocked. Think today I will be locking it. Don't want my stuff walking away. Had one Bosch drill disapear from my wife's garage about 2 years ago and I was livid.

Elk, you're lucky you didn't get arrested for brandishing. You're in MASS right? IMHO, you were right, but we have some crazy laws in this state.

this happend 30 years ago I was a lot younger and a little more foolish
Only pro Basketball players get away with banish fire arme and discharging them outside a strip club at 3:00
Am in Indiana

Sorry for the loss, both of equipment and faith in your neighbors and acquaintances. I don't know what to say, maybe they weren't raised right, but still, after you are an adult you can figure out what is right and wrong on your own no matter how you were raised. I can't imagine how someone could live with themselves after stealing from somebody they obviously know. When I lived in Milwaukee for 5 years as a college student, my downstairs neighbor's apt. was broken into twice, nobody else in the 4 flat building was. People knew he had money and nice stuff so they burgled him repeatedly. We had crap so nobody took our stuff. All I lost was a series of bicycles (3!) Some people certainly do suck. We keep doors unlocked mostly unless we go away for weeks. We have so much junk everywhere that someone would break a leg trying to go through our garage to find something valuable! I am not about to change my ways just because a few people suck. Besides, if people really want to break in, they will. We are probably lucky in that we are known for having lots of junk. :)

Re: "this reminds me of why i wish we where more like the Amish people there trusting helpful loving and simple. with none of this hate and crap we live with in this world today." Yes, their way of life is simpler, and that helps them avoid some problems, but they aren't all helpful and loving. Not too many years ago there was a big scandal, I don't recall if it was in WI or in the Midwest or where, but some men were raping the girls in their families, and when the girls finally went to the police and pressed charges and went to court, they were shunned by the community. So Amish people have problems, too, don't kid yourself that they don't.

Marcia,
tending her first big fire of the season tonight in SE WI as frost approaches

Greetings,
Costly tools and easy to steal appliances should (Always) be engraved with the owners Drivers License number in as many places as is practical. Police do not have access to S.S. numbers and Pawnshops will not buy anything that the sellers license number does not match the numbers on the item also it is easier to get the item back when the stolen items turn up as the result of a police raid.
Mike

Maybe someone you know------ My nephew was having problems a couple years back( still has problems, but this happened 2 years ago), So he asked to stay with us for a while. Smoking pot, drinking, etc,etc, 20 year old. Needless to say he almost turned my yard and driveway into a -meet me at the block party spot!!! Didn't take long for me to kick his lazy butt out! So he asked to leave his car in my yard till he got his liscence back( Did I mention DUI?). His mom buys him everything, Souped up Nissan with DVD player, moon roof Stereo System that cost more than My stove, saw tools etc, anyway I noticed the cars trunk was open one morning, I go look, yup- TV, DVD, Boom Box Amp in trunk all gone-- My shed right next to it with tools, saws, etc not even touched! His buddies all knew what was in that car, with friends like that who needs enemies! Not a thing of mine was touched.

Status
Not open for further replies.