Just off the truck, pic included

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
22 tons of the worlds best pellet, ProPellet. Five tons sold before the semi left the lot. Notice the indoor storage? No time for the pellets to loose their density, "Friends don't let friends buy pellets stored outside".

Eric

Attachments

• pellets.JPG
    pellets.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 376
Like in the M&M commercial, THEY DO EXIST !

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
Wow, pellet pron.

On a side note, I buy pellets stored outdoors and It isn't the end of the world. Havent had a single issue in 5 years. No one here within reasonable distance has the storage.

On a side note, I buy pellets stored outdoors and It isn't the end of the world. Havent had a single issue in 5 years. No one here within reasonable distance has the storage.

Agreed. I would imagine less than 5% of every retailer that sells pellets actually stores them inside. I've never seen a single place around me that doesn't store their pellets outside. I've never purchased less than 5 ton per Winter, and have never had even one single bag with any water penetration, so I don't see this as an issue, at all.

Last edited:
Wow, pellet pron.

move

Don't they arrive on a flatbed trailer exposed to the elements? Drying out and succumbing to the nasty earth elements. I suspect they are often stored outside at pellet mills although I dont have any proof on that.

Don't they arrive on a flatbed trailer exposed to the elements? Drying out and succumbing to the nasty earth elements. I suspect they are often stored outside at pellet mills although I dont have any proof on that.

Usually covered by a tarp on the truck, sometimes in a regular enclosed truck. Local dealer, a trucking company, does haulback in their 53' trucks. Makes more money than a empty drive back home.

Yes, mills store outside, but inventory does move quickly. Real issue is from HANDLING, when covers and bags get punctured.

This pic was this morning so those are prolly all sold by now.
I watched the feeding frenzy at my dealer and saw 4 tons
move out in 15 minutes no lie and that was in rations of
15 bags per customer.

I see the boat, whats under the car cover??

Our local Hamer dealer got 26 tons on Friday @ noon and they were gone Saturday by noon......in 10 bag rations.

22 tons of the worlds best pellet, ProPellet. Five tons sold before the semi left the lot. Notice the indoor storage? No time for the pellets to loose their density, "Friends don't let friends buy pellets stored outside".

Eric
Are the eves wide open on this building? It appears they are from the pic. If , this is right, how is it any better than depot or lowes putting them under a canopy in the garden enter?
I didn't know that pellets loose their "density over time"? I thought it was moisture that was the enemy. Perhaps this is a magic barn where time stands still, and pellets turn to gold?
Suggesting someone should "move" because there aren't any suppliers in their area who store "inside" is about as ignorant as suggesting that an asthmatic shouldn't breath... Wow.
Local lowes received a truckload which sold in less than 48hrs, are we suppose to be impressed?

Reactions: Big E
mine are stored in a climate controlled warehouse....:p if this continue I might have to get a couple trailer loads of Set's to sell. I have about 15000 sq ft doing nothing

"Friends don't let friends buy pellets stored outside".

I agree 1,000 %

Eric maybe you have some good comments for me.

I have a friend with a Breckwell Big E. I replaced the vacuum switch that was leaking air like a siv. So now it is running but the room blower only works on Hi Fan until the new control board comes in. After fixing the vacuum switch, we fired it up and with Hi Fan on, the air coming out was luke warm.

The question here is:
Would a new control panel that runs the fan on all heat settings put out better heat?
Or
Is the moisture content in the pellets so high that the heat output is poor?

The house is by a lake but does not have a dirt crawl space. I see the bags are inside but do not know the history of where they have been.

As an example:
I am rebuilding a Big E currently that was left on a front porch for a while. The pellets in the hopper are solid but do not seem to burn very well.

Are the eves wide open on this building? It appears they are from the pic. If , this is right, how is it any better than depot or lowes putting them under a canopy in the garden enter?
I didn't know that pellets loose their "density over time"? I thought it was moisture that was the enemy. Perhaps this is a magic barn where time stands still, and pellets turn to gold?
Suggesting someone should "move" because there aren't any suppliers in their area who store "inside" is about as ignorant as suggesting that an asthmatic shouldn't breath... Wow.
Local lowes received a truckload which sold in less than 48hrs, are we suppose to be impressed?
Wow, that's alot of flaming for one post by a newbie! Chill out! :ZZZ

Wow, that's alot of flaming for one post by a newbie! Chill out! :ZZZ
I agree, allot of forums breed that type of environment but not so much here. I do agree with the point of his post though, not so much the delivery.

On that note do pellets expel gas or vapor when they get hot (not combustible type hot)....or anything of that nature ?
case and point:
I am currently building a new building on my property and will be using an old metal 8x10 shed for pellet storage and things like garden tools (no liquid fuels), but it gets VERY hot in there on 100::F days.....
hopefully next year I can execute my basement storage bin idea with bulk delivery .

Boy, people are getting testy. I'm sure kinsmanstove was kidding when he said move. This is also one of those topics that you can debate forever, and you can't change people's minds one way or another. If you don't think it matters, then buy your pellets from someone who stores outdoors; for those it does matter, buy from someone who stores indoors.

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
Nothing like a nice chat around the stove.
I remember this subject coming up back when I joined the forum. Saw lots of postings with pictures of the Pellet mills with hundreds of tons all stored outside covered in snow. Cant remember to many complaints about ruined pellets. But I guess its about how long there outside and how well there covered.

I tell Alaskans and Canadians that they should move three or four times a season. ;lol Usually post the 800 number for United Van Lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.