Just one among the many reasons...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig set the tone from the get go. This site is about helping one another. A lot of BS never gets to enter the conversation when you keep that in mind. Wish these were the rules for a lot of other walks in life, including politics.

...why I love Hearth.com...because we simply don't put up with this kind of mindless crap:
Its pretty civil here BG ,but i was a little disappointed when no one came to my rescue when some new member "know it all" thrashed me 6 ways from sunday for suggesting ways to save money on cable TV by using netflix. Called us Baloney sandwiches or something,well i guess you guys cant be everywhere.

Yeah, missed that one. Had I caught it I would have chimed in, just say no. Read a book, hug the wife.TV is soma, and time is too precious to waste.

We don't see everything...too much forum activity for so few mods. Members can help out a lot by bringing posts/threads to our attention. Along the bottom of every post is a line of options, including "Report". Hit that button and it's like sending a red flare up...we'll see it and can then look farther into what's going on. Rick

Randy, I think "The Whacker" got him.....
"Poof"...... sFun_disappear.gif

Chiming in here . . . (gotta stay in the good graces of the Moderators you know by saying good things about them) . . . but it's true . . . this really is one of my favorite forums just because folks with different opinions are allowed, but idiots spouting off questionable, dangerous or offensive thoughts are not. I've seen more than one forum like this ruined when folks are allowed to go off topic and end up being just plain mean to others.

Yup. I lived on an archery "community forum" for years. I was politely asked to GTFO when I told a racist loudmouth there exactly what I thought of him. It was a grand implosion type exit. I miss a few guys there, but stay in contact with several others.

Status
Not open for further replies.