1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Just one among the many reasons...

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by fossil, May 26, 2012.

1. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Craig set the tone from the get go. This site is about helping one another. A lot of BS never gets to enter the conversation when you keep that in mind. Wish these were the rules for a lot of other walks in life, including politics.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Yeah, missed that one. Had I caught it I would have chimed in, just say no. Read a book, hug the wife.TV is soma, and time is too precious to waste.
  4. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    We don't see everything...too much forum activity for so few mods. Members can help out a lot by bringing posts/threads to our attention. Along the bottom of every post is a line of options, including "Report". Hit that button and it's like sending a red flare up...we'll see it and can then look farther into what's going on. Rick
  5. GAMMA RAY

GAMMA RAY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    PA.
    Randy, I think "The Whacker" got him.....
    "Poof"...... sFun_disappear.gif
  6. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Chiming in here . . . (gotta stay in the good graces of the Moderators you know by saying good things about them) . . . but it's true . . . this really is one of my favorite forums just because folks with different opinions are allowed, but idiots spouting off questionable, dangerous or offensive thoughts are not. I've seen more than one forum like this ruined when folks are allowed to go off topic and end up being just plain mean to others.
  7. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    Yup. I lived on an archery "community forum" for years. I was politely asked to GTFO when I told a racist loudmouth there exactly what I thought of him. It was a grand implosion type exit. I miss a few guys there, but stay in contact with several others.