Just ordered a Loveless Cougar ash vac...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best things i bought was the ash vac. No mess.......easy cleanup.......no need to buy secondary fine filters and does the job and then some. Plus you don't need to worry when vac up hot ash..........unlike shop vacs......using shop vacs becomes a dirty job........ash vac........clean and easy!

Do what you want or think is best for you........

I wish I had that kind of $$......to have a Cougar in the house for cleaning my pipes would be great, though. ;-)

macman....No cougars cleaning the pipes here! I don't care how much money I have...It's all I can do to keep up with the one I have!

Chan

You guys crack me up! :)

gbreda said:
peasoupme said:
CWR,

We have the Cheetah in black (it came with the pellet stove as a surprise) and we love ours! My father has the one with the winter scene and he also loves his. Glad you got the tool kit because we use ours all the time. You're going to love it...it really sucks :)

Amanda

Abundant Life in Chichester was offering these "free" with stove in the spring. I opted for the 250.00 off the stove price instead.

It would be nice to not even think about ash temp when cleaning and I would like to have one, but the 5 HP Craftsman shop vac still works great for 40 bucks plus drywall filter.

Good luck with the ash vac !!!!!! :)

Abundant Life is where our stove came from (they installed it too). We were building a new house at the time and ordered the stove through the builders so I guess it was nice of them to throw in the ash vac instead of taking the credit on the stove :)

It isn't a loveless, but it is a hot ash attachment. I got it about 30 years ago, from Ward's where I bought my free standing fire place. It looks like a shop vac without a motor. You hook it to your shop vac, and it catches the ash and anything else instead of burning the shop.

ffspeed...That a miniature version of the setup we use to clean the boilers at work. Ours are the size of a 55 gallon drum and have a 3hp motor on them but they do keep the soot contained. It's a tried and true design :)

Chan

My mother inlaw bought the wife andI a cheetah ash vac for x-mas last year works great just need ear plugs it's loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.