Just ordered my new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jman

Jun 4, 2008
Central Maine
I have been snooping around this site for about a month now and finaly made up my mind on hat stove to get. I'm getting the Quadrafire 4300 steptop. I like the looks of the stove and it should be more then enough stove for my home. For the stove,the pad it will be on, all the stove pipe and class A chimney through the celling plus labor was $4800.
I have a Ashly woodstove down in the cellar the kind that has a auto damper in it, I heated the house last winter with it and it did a decent job so I cant wait to see what my new Quad will do. I burned about 5 cords of wood last year, I bought 10 cord tree length last winter thats been cut and split since april. the 10 cords turned out to be about 13 cords so it worked out great filled my woodshed plus probable 1 1/2 -2 cords that wouldnt fit in the shed staked out side the shed. 80% of it was beech, with some maple ,yellow birch, and some ash in it as well. So I should have enough wood for the next couple of years, this sept. I will staret cutting another 5 cord of mostly oak from my buddy down the road. Ill try to get a pick of the stove after its installed, plus a pic of my stack of wood

Nice job jman.

Signed, The real J-Man :)

nice name u got there

OK...group J-hug! :lol: Rick

myzamboni said:
Get a room :coolcheese:

:lol: :lol: :lol: tears in my eyes. Rick

OK, seriously, jman...sounds like a great plan and that you've put a good deal of thought & research into it, which a decision like this certainly warrants. I don't burn a Quad, but have read nothing but praise for the products on this site. You got your wood, your stove's on its way...gonna be a warm & toasty winter for you and your loved ones this year. Good fer you! What'd they tell you about lead time...when will you see your stove installed? We wanna hear all about that first burn. :) Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.