Just ordered new distribution blower for harman accentra insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LobsterParty

Jan 24, 2022
Boston
1000011500.jpg

Multiple times I heard a bearing noise and squealing, so I ordered a new one today. It will be here in 2 days.

Now My head is playing games with me and i'm not sure if my pellet stove is currently blowing as hard as it should. So I'm happy I am ordering a new part. But I wonder how long had my fan been under performing? Or is it all in my head lol

Anyone know how I can test to see if it's creating as much wind as manufacturer specifications etc.

Can I use a multi meter or a wattage tester , to test the draw, will that help?

Thoughts?

It stopped working Wednesday night. Bearings siezed up. Stopped blowing anything.

I put the new one in, and my stove is 10 years younger. I never seen the stove blow air / wind so strong , across the entire house omg.
I.should have done this a year ago.

I was wasting money on pellets and not getting the maximum heat output because the fan was stuffed with some flame retardant material and dust , hair? (No pets)
It was gross. I now can heat my entire house on low.!

While I pulled the stove all the way out. I cleaned everything thoroughly.

There is a ESP temp probe in the exhaust, I cleaned that with green scotch bright.

I cleaned all the fans with paint brush and vacuum brush. I did a serious cleaning . I should have don't this a long time ago.

That should be done once a year minimum
depending on how many pellets you burn
Full cleaning after each ton (50 bags)

Reactions: LobsterParty
Glad to see you’re progress and yes that’s the air intake, here’s what another member has done