Just ordered stove today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skamp

May 18, 2008
south eastern ct.
Well after alot of reading on the forum and with alot of advice from you guy's I went out today and pulled the trigger on a new Lopi Revere. Wahoo!!! :cheese: The 2.2 ft. firebox from whatcha ya'll said should do the trick for me. I wanted to thank you guy's for your input and advice. I'm sure I will ba asking many more questions from you in the near future. I also ordered 3 cord of well seasoned firewood to go with it. $200 per cord ouch! Hey still beats oil. I have a husky 350 (forgot how to spell full name Huska what?) and will be a huge scrounger next year. I was thinking of selling the 350 and moving up to the 450 husky. Anyhow glad I decided on my stove and have it ordered. It's quite a load off my mind. When I went up to the store today and put down my deposit the place was pretty busy. I think if I waited much longer I would have had trouble of getting one this year and by the way these sukas arn't getting any cheaper.

OK. Whatcha gonna feed it with"

Where abouts did you end up getting the Lopi? I've been meaning to look at them and the one close to me is in the "rich" part of town so their prices are a little on the heavy side.

Backroads said:
Where abouts did you end up getting the Lopi? I've been meaning to look at them and the one close to me is in the "rich" part of town so their prices are a little on the heavy side.
Actually bought in RI. at Wakefield Fireplace.

Hmm...Wakefield huh? I guess I'm going to have to stop in there this week and take a look.

skamp said:
I was thinking of selling the 350 and moving up to the 450 husky.

You wouldn't be moving up much at all. They are basically the same saw, but the 450 is emissionized. Congrats on the stove, and for $200 per cord seasoned, I would buy another 3 if possible.

cmonSTART said:
skamp said:
I was thinking of selling the 350 and moving up to the 450 husky.

You wouldn't be moving up much at all. They are basically the same saw, but the 450 is emissionized. Congrats on the stove, and for $200 per cord seasoned, I would buy another 3 if possible.
Didn't realize that about the 450. I guess what I'm saying is I want to move up to professional grade saw. Thanks for the congrats on the stove. :cheese:

I have a husky 350 (forgot how to spell full name Huska what?)

Yeah, I know, that's why we ALL call them Husky... ;-)

Good luck, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Does installation come with the stove, or is that your next obstacle?

We've had a PE Summit sitting here since March. Need to get to work on getting it hooked up soon. That's not going to be simple here and so far I haven't found anyone to do the job.

I do have 5 cord cut and split and mostly under cover.

Ken

Ken45 said:
I have a husky 350 (forgot how to spell full name Huska what?)

Yeah, I know, that's why we ALL call them Husky... ;-)

Good luck, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Does installation come with the stove, or is that your next obstacle?

We've had a PE Summit sitting here since March. Need to get to work on getting it hooked up soon. That's not going to be simple here and so far I haven't found anyone to do the job.

I do have 5 cord cut and split and mostly under cover.

Ken
No the install is $550.00. Don't you have any chimmny sweeps around you?, or a mason could do the job. Good luck on your install.

Don’t you have any chimmny sweeps around you?, or a mason could do the job. Good luck on your install.

No sweeps that I can find (it's a rural area) and I'm looking for a freestanding install, not a masory chimney. We already have a monster masonry chimney. Originally we were going to set the stove in the masonry fireplace but decided we really preferred it freestandling.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.