Just picked up 6 Ton of Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman12

Sep 16, 2011
Rutland, MA
Last Saturday I went to Lowes to purchase a few bags of pellets. While I was there on the very bottom of a pallet of pellets I noticed there was a small Lowes sticker that said $188.00 per ton. So I went up to the service desk to buy my few bags and asked if they are getting $188 a ton now for pellets and he said no, they are $219. I showed him the sticker and he quickly removed it. Said that was an old sale they had. I mentioned I didn't have my credit card on me, but would he honor that price and put it in writing for me to come back and buy. He said yes and wrote down on a Lowes card to honor the $188 a ton and signed it. Went in today and he was working and bought 6 tons worth. He had kept the sticker for when I came in just in case anyone gave me trouble with pricing. Wish I could have bought more if I had the extra cash at that price. Before I left I thanked him for doing that for me and went on my merry way. Delivery is for Tuesday. I had him write down also on order absolutely no Infernos!! I also have 1 1/2 tons already in the basement I have slowly been collecting each time I went to Lowes. I attached my receipt below for proof and wondering if this qualifies me for Pellet Pig Status?

Attachments

• P1010815.JPG
    P1010815.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 250
You go straight passed pig status to therapy eligible. ;lol

lol..Thank you..haha. With the prices not dipping at all this year, I had to take advantage of this one when I saw it.

pretty sure for the pig pellet you need to haul them all yourself.

Reactions: Cross Cut Saw
Last Saturday I went to Lowes to purchase a few bags of pellets. While I was there on the very bottom of a pallet of pellets I noticed there was a small Lowes sticker that said $188.00 per ton. So I went up to the service desk to buy my few bags and asked if they are getting $188 a ton now for pellets and he said no, they are $219. I showed him the sticker and he quickly removed it. Said that was an old sale they had. I mentioned I didn't have my credit card on me, but would he honor that price and put it in writing for me to come back and buy. He said yes and wrote down on a Lowes card to honor the $188 a ton and signed it. Went in today and he was working and bought 6 tons worth. He had kept the sticker for when I came in just in case anyone gave me trouble with pricing. Wish I could have bought more if I had the extra cash at that price. Before I left I thanked him for doing that for me and went on my merry way. Delivery is for Tuesday. I had him write down also on order absolutely no Infernos!! I also have 1 1/2 tons already in the basement I have slowly been collecting each time I went to Lowes. I attached my receipt below for proof and wondering if this qualifies me for Pellet Pig Status?

YOU GO BOY!!!!!!! Don't stop there. Good for you!!!

pretty sure for the pig pellet you need to haul them all yourself.

My understanding is delivery is acceptable with multiple ton purchases, but I'm a Jr. pig, so ask one of the hogs.

Reactions: The Ds
Can you be 1/2 a pig? Like a ham sandwich kinda guy? LOL Ya got my vote

I did haul 1 1/2 tons myself in my little mitsubishi eclipse (which by the way has no room at all in it) by going to Lowes everyday for over a week. I wasn't going to do that for an additional 6 Tons! If I owned a truck, I definitely would have hauled it all myself and used the $65 shipping towards more pellets. :)

Reactions: smoke show
All these men that don't own trucks. It hurts my soul, I tell ya.

Can I also have the first half of your CC numbers as well as the exp date?

I ended up getting Green Supreme. I burnt them last winter and was pleased with them. They wouldn't do Greene Team at that price. I loaded 3 ton down in the basement same day and gave the other 3 ton to my parents for the winter. So I now have 4 1/2 tons of pellets for myself now. I'm happy with that!

Hope they kick out some big heat as we are going to have a very cold winter in NE this year! If they are "shoulder" pellets, you might wind up burning most of 'em to stay warm.
Good Luck!

Are the Greene Team pellets considered a "shoulder pellet" too or for colder days? I was thinking maybe picking some of those up.

-letsblaze- ....lol, I edited the receipt just in case. Never know if someone can do something with that info or not. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.