Just picked up a 55-TRP22... what pellet does she like

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Like the subject says... just bought one through AMFM. It is going in the garage, for partial time use (mainly for when I am working out there only). Too costly to run a wood stove chimney for the time it will be used, so pellet it is.

Anyone here who owns this model (or its sister equivalents from ESW/SH) that can give recommendations on what it likes for pellets?

Trial and ash lol thats the jist of it. Your probably going to have to try different brands and find one that works best in your stove. Im in upstate NY (tug Hill) and i havent found anything that burns good except energex. So far.

Reactions: Jhawknseattle
I don't even need a brand... how about if they prefer hardwood, soft wood, or a blend? Are any brands more well known for their pellet size consistency?

Brands matter a lot sometimes. There are good and bad. Somersets have always been a go to and great pellet here but this season I have gotten ahold of some that produce boat loads of ash which sucks. Pellets will vary due to locale. Hardwood and softwoods are good and again varies by brand. There are some threads here to research or just use Google and plug in your location also.

Go talk to a few of your pellet suppliers. The good ones will not try to upsell you on crap pellets. I went and talked to the yard guys at my local hardware store. They were great

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk