Just Picked Up a Ton of Lignetics White Bags with Green "Lignetics" on them for $225.00 Near Saratog

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backstreets75

Jan 27, 2009
Upstate, NY
Hoping these burn great in my Quad Mt. Vernon.....I'll let you know in a couple of days.

Looking lile pellet prices are on the down swing now. Great time to get them if you have the storage.

This place has about 50 Tons left to sell.

Good pellet. I'd jump on that deal if I could find it up here in expensive pellet land.

stoveguy2esw said:
Nice!! the green leter liggys are from the Glenville WV plant and are pure hardwood pellets.....

Mike, the green lettered bags actually come in 2 different versions. They have them as all hardwood, and also as hardwood/softwood blends. I got a ton of each last fall, and the blend actually had a tad more heat output. Here's a pic of the blend bag:

Attachments

• Lig. Soft:Hard.jpg
    Lig. Soft:Hard.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 260
  • Lig. Soft:Hard-2.jpg
    Lig. Soft:Hard-2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 263
imacman said:
stoveguy2esw said:
Nice!! the green leter liggys are from the Glenville WV plant and are pure hardwood pellets.....

Mike, the green lettered bags actually come in 2 different versions. They have them as all hardwood, and also as hardwood/softwood blends. I got a ton of each last fall, and the blend actually had a tad more heat output. Here's a pic of the blend bag:

Very pleased with the Green Label All Hardwood pellets. Very low ash, burning hot. Going to go get more of these babies at this price. NOICE!

Backstreets75 said:
....Very low ash...

Really??? They had the most ash of any pellet I burned this year. Firebox had to be cleaned every 3-5 days or the ash would start blocking the airwash and window.

BUT, the heat was good.

I've been burning the green label all hardwood Lignetics since November and they are excellent. Very low ash, almost no fines in the bags, and vg heat. Also, the glass windows only get a fine film of white ash which wipes right off and the carbon in the burn pot is very minimal.

So thumbs up to these pellets. I'd buy them again with no reservations (after retesting a few bags to make sure the composition is the same as what I bought last September).

Status
Not open for further replies.