Just picked up a used splitter. How did I do??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mybowtie

Sep 8, 2009
upstate NY
Just picked at a used Timberwolf TW2 with a 9hp Honda, 4 way wedge, Log rack/cradle, and log lift for $1400.
Splitter is less then 2 yrs old, and in VGC. Pick it up Friday...Looking foward to splitting some wood this weekend.
Guy said he paid 2600+ tax with the options. Have a Dealer in town, so any parts needed will be esy to get.

I was wondering where that ad went and who the lucky buyer was. Congrats and welcome to the forum.

That is the Cadillac of splitters for the price of a chevy. I would say you scored, good luck and welcome.

SolarAndWood said:
I was wondering where that ad went and who the lucky buyer was. Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Wasnt on CL.. Friend wants a bigger one, and I happened to mention I was looking for a good used machine. I know the owner, and know the history of the machine. I'll post some pics when I get her home.
Installing my Woodmaster OWB this week, and have a bunch of wood to split. Was close to heading to Tractor Supply and picking up a 22 ton Husky

Yes, I seen that add. That one doesn't come with the log lift or rack. Even though the log lift is a manual type, I tried it with a 150#
oak round, and it was much easer then the heave-ho method.

Wow, you got a great deal on a great splitter, congratulations.

Good deal imo...Timberwolf is a well built splitter. all you do with that is split wood...no mods required. 1400 isn't jack for equipment your son will pass off to his son.

You did very badly. If you drop it off at my house we will never speak of it again.

Well thre deal on the tw2 fell through :down: ....
.....As luck would have it, I found a tw p1 with the log lift, table, and 4/way. for $950.00 :cheese:. Basicly the same frame and set up as the tw2.
tw1 has a 5.5 honda and a smaller ram
and pump. I picked it up today, and split 2 cord of mixed ash, maple and cherry. Maple was a large knotty mess. Splitter handled it with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.