Just picked up Hardwood Heat and Stove Chow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mhagerty

Jan 10, 2011
Southern NH
Ok, so I finally found some Stove Chow at a local Lowes. They were selling them for $3.79 a bag so I picked up 12 bags to try. Also picked up 12 bags of Hardwood Heat at a local TSC, they were selling for $4.29 a bag. So all in all I got a 1/2 ton of pellets for a $100, seems like a good deal!

Please post how these burn for you. Hardwood heat might need to turn the feed down. They crank out some nice "HOT" heat! Stove Chow has been getting decent reviews from this crowd.

Gotta love these prices. But please don't forget the local pellet dealers. We must support them if we want them to continue operations. They always have pellets on hand and don't rotate them with other seasonal goods. I may not buy all my pellets from them But I always get some. Having them around is a plus for me as they do care and supply me for the entire heationg season. :)

I'll report back after I burn a couple of bags of each.

I hear ya about supporting the local guys and could not agree more. Being a newbie I'm trying as many brands as I can to see what works for me.

Chow burns great in my XXV. Dark crusty ash, though. Just burned some Somersets and they were great as well with lighter colored ash (less ash too).

Status
Not open for further replies.