Just purchased a Lopi Liberty made in May 1999 and looking for info on it..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frobey

Oct 4, 2015
Western Maine
My neighbor was selling this wood stove he procured from a business he worked at (they just wanted someone to take it away) that was recently replaced with a larger wood stove.

From reading on here (lots of great information BTW!!) I know it will need some new firebricks (there are a couple missing) and probably a new door gasket...I have to look at it more closely to see if it needs the secondary burn tubes replaced (he thought one was missing). The glass was just replaced last year so that should be OK. The door seems to close nicely, the damper and air control both seem to slide OK. I didn't see any cracks on the outside of the stove...I paid cheap money for it ($200)...

Online I can find the manual for the 2001 and up Liberty's, and have looked on the Lopi site under their manuals for Discontinued models but that one is dated 2011...anyone know where I can find the manual for this 1999 model or know if it's much different than the newer model? One thing I noticed is that it appears the clearance distances shown on the back label for this stove are much larger than the newer stoves...

I found a nice picture on woodmanspartsplus.com showing an exploded view of the stove including the firebricks and their correct orientation, and on another page showing the size of the bricks...but it says

Travis Lopi Model Liberty

Manufactured: Current
Serial Number: 1105-027791 - Current

No matter if I select the Lopi Liberty or the Lopi Liberty May 2001 listing I get the same exploded view of the stove and the same caption as shown above...

the serial number of this stove is 17585 so it seems to be outside of the range of serial numbers shown.

I think I know who they bought this stove from so I am planning on calling them sometime next week but I always like to have as much information as I can when I call.

I currently have a Hearthstone Homestead that has a cracked firebox (they've replaced it under warranty but provided no instructions on how to install it) so this Lopi is going to be used this winter while I wait for them to send me some instructions...only been waiting a year now (did a temporary patch job to get me through last winter and don't want to rely on that again) so I'm concerned that my Homestead won't be fixed in time for the heating season that will be starting any day here in Maine...I think this Lopi is actually going to be overkill for my 1100 sq ft but the price was right...it will be interesting to see how the two compare, I really like my Homestead...

Thanks for any help!!!

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.