Just purchased stove...Now questions about the pad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtfigueroa

Jun 12, 2008
Central NH
Thanks to all for sharing your ideas and thoughts on stove and purchasing pellets

We bought the Englander 2200 model from HD in Concord. 1650 (15 in stock) after coupon usage. Already used the Pellet2u link to pellet sales as they were not allowing new customers 3weeks ago. I missed out on the spring 200 pallets buyins and trucking from the midwest would be a tad soggy right now.

Anyway, looking a hearth pads in the area and abit shellshocked. 200 to 350 for some of the pads. I think the tile , cementboard, nice trim and 3/4 ply would add up to about a 100 bucks. so I was thinking about this route as it will be going over wood floors when my better half asked...........

How about if we use 2 pieces of the 2'x3' bluestone that we have left over from the walkway project?

So now i have to ask? if the material is 3/4-1 inch thick and level.....why not?

thanks in advance for your response

Just about anything non combustible will do, I see in the Harmon manual a piece of 20 gauge steel plate laid on the floor is ok.

I just built one myself out of some green marble that my brother gave me. The marble is pretty thick so I just attached it to some plywood and framed the whole thing out in oak. Looks good on my laminate floor with the P61 sitting on top of it.

I put a sheet of dura-rock down & bought some overstock tiles at tile store , put wood trim & voila $65 total Muss

Status
Not open for further replies.