Just put down the deposit on my new insert.... Can't wait

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jghall

Jan 3, 2008
Metro Atlanta
Just went to my local dealer and gave my deposit (waiting on the rest of the cash to come through electronic transfer) on a new Buck model 74 insert... The rest of the cash should clear by tomorrow or Wed... Dealer said he could install as soon as the end of the week/first of next week... My entire childhood (till I moved out of the house at 18) we heated with 100% wood... My dad bought a large free standing stove in the very early 80's, it was a Squire... I asked him about that stove yesterday and it was $1300 in 1981... That thing put out so much heat... I am looking foreward to heating my house with wood again, and not having to pay the gas company... If I am at home, I will take lots of pictures of the installation and post...

The installer just showed up... And just in time too, its getting cold in GA again... I'll try and take some pictures...

All, is installed and well... It took him about 3.5hrs to do everything... First fire is going good...

JHall said:
All, is installed and well... It took him about 3.5hrs to do everything... First fire is going good...

Pictures!

I took a few pictures, but have not had time to download them to my PC for posting yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.