Just saying, "HI"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everybody,

My name is Trevor Gionet and I just started working in the woody biomass sector at the Alliance for Green Heat in Maryland. Please help me out by responding to his thread or contacting me directly at [email protected] with any information regarding industry developments in efficiency, cleanliness, innovation, or policy. I will be posting more on the PR forum with information about our events and policy outreach. Please keep an eye out for the Wood Stove Decathlon that is happening on the National Mall in Washington DC this November.

More about our organization:

The Alliance for Green Heat promotes high-efficiency wood combustion as a low-carbon, sustainable, local and affordable heating solution. The Alliance seeks to make wood heat a cleaner and more efficient renewable energy option, particularly for those who cannot afford fossil fuel heat.

The Alliance for Green Heat is committed to:
  • Advancing renewable, low carbon heating fuel technologies
  • Promoting tax credits and other incentives for the cleanest wood and pellet stoves
  • Strengthening emissions and efficiency standards in wood and pellet stoves
The Alliance for Green Heat works with environmental and forestry organizations, air quality experts, the wood and pellet stove industry, and others in the wood burning community. The Alliance for Green Heat educates the public, the media and local, state and national policymakers about the potential of wood and pellet heat and its applications to low and middle-income populations. The Alliance is an independent non-profit organization and is tax-exempt under section 501c3 of the tax code.

I look forward to future forum conversations. Take Care!!!

Hi Trevor, welcome. Are you working with John Ackerly? (Also from AfGH and hearth.com member.)

Hi Trevor, welcome. Are you working with John Ackerly? (Also from AfGH and hearth.com member.)

Yes, that's correct. He's my boss.

Welcome aboard

Trevor, Welcome , This seems to be the only informative message boards on wood heating thats out there.

Be sure to join in the daily conversations here and give your 2 cents worth even if its not related to your job.

So tell us how did you get interested in wood heat?

Please keep us informed also when new information arises.

Most of us are end users but there are Industry folks looking in the back ground at what we are chatting about. I dont find the industry guys posting alot except when questions arise they can answer.

Welcome Trevor. I will probably be seeing you at The Mall in November.

Welcome to the forum Trevor.

Greetings Trevor,

Nice to see more and more research in wood heat. I also hope to be in DC for the event. Post on Arboristsite as well.

Trevor, Welcome , This seems to be the only informative message boards on wood heating thats out there.

Be sure to join in the daily conversations here and give your 2 cents worth even if its not related to your job.

So tell us how did you get interested in wood heat?

Please keep us informed also when new information arises.

Most of us are end users but there are Industry folks looking in the back ground at what we are chatting about. I dont find the industry guys posting alot except when questions arise they can answer.

Sure thing! I've pretty much always been a lover of wood stoves. Fond memories of eating fresh venison off my grandfathers Vogelzang in his basement. As a kid I began splitting wood at probably around 7 with a small splitting maul and a set of wedges. My interest into efficiencies burn rates and cleanliness developed when I started making my own maple syrup in a second had evaporator bought at an auction in VT. Anyways thanks for your interest.

I'll certainly keep you updated with some new info as we get closer to the Decathlon. In the mean time you should follow our blog at, http://forgreenheat.blogspot.com/. The post on Australian standards and the financial benefits of gov't regulation is one of my favorites!

Can you add your organization to your signature line in your account setup? You can add the blog link there too. That way it will show up each time you post.

Welcome Trevor. I will probably be seeing you at The Mall in November.

BrotherBart, with a reputation in the industry like yours, it'd surely be an privilege and a joy. If you're there then I'll probably see you for sure. With a small office like ours here at the Alliance I'll need to be on-site full time at the event, probably in the educational exhibit mostly.

Can't wait to meet ya!

Welcome to the forum Trevor

BrotherBart, with a reputation in the industry like yours, it'd surely be an privilege and a joy. If you're there then I'll probably see you for sure. With a small office like ours here at the Alliance I'll need to be on-site full time at the event, probably in the educational exhibit mostly.

Can't wait to meet ya!

Watch out. His reputation at conventions is also legendary. :cool:

Hey Trevor, got any avenues on how to get info of what is going on right now at the competition? Not found much out there for updates as to how setup is going and what not.

I will be there Saturday but would like to have some way of keeping track of what is going on while not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.