just scored some new feet for my mama bear stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sauto1985

Oct 11, 2015
Michigan
I just scored some feet for my mama bear stove im restoring for my home shop. Paid 48 bucks shipped to the door. Don't know if they are original fishers or some kind of aftermarket ones but for 48 bucks ill use them.

Here is a pic of the feet

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-18-12-41-58.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-18-12-41-58.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 232
Don't touch the finish !
Are these cast iron - does a magnet stick?

Want to make a quick 50 bucks? ;lol;lol

Yes. They are the Black Oxide finish. It's not paint. Like vinegar or acid on iron, it produces iron oxide similar to a gun blue finish. They are in exceptionally good condition. They came with a pack of washers to put inside to adjust height to keep from rocking on an uneven surface such as brick or stone hearth. You don't see many of this type for sale.
It's the only set I don't have. Congrats. Good price too.

Yes. They are the Black Oxide finish. It's not paint. Like vinegar or acid on iron, it produces iron oxide similar to a gun blue finish. They are in exceptionally good condition. They came with a pack of washers to put inside to adjust height to keep from rocking on an uneven surface such as brick or stone hearth. You don't see many of this type for sale.
It's the only set I don't have. Congrats. Good price too.
Thanks for all your info so helpful! Some people who have these dont know what the have. I first searched for fisher wood stove feet. And found the expensive ones. Then expanded my search to what some people might also call them or believe what they were. And bingo! Had a long week hoping no one else would bid on them. And got them for starting bid. Once again thanks for your info present and past posts ive read up on made me realize what a gem i have here for my home shop.

That's usually how I find stuff too. Been building a chimney up the the center of my house the last few weeks, so haven't had spare time lately.
My best set is the angled white brass polished set new in box! I found them posted around midnight with a $25 Buy It Now and hit them quick. The other sets I have came with stoves. Some as cheap as $80 with the stove from Craigslist. That was years ago. Notice the sets for 250 and up aren't selling either. That's crazy.
The set you found, I'd pay $100 for. Maybe $150 if my wife didn't know about it. >>

Status
Not open for further replies.