just some midnight mauling pics.............

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodButcher80

Feeling the Heat
had a get together and decided to split some rock maple and red oak rounds.... here are some action shots

Attachments

• IMG_2028 (Large).JPG
    IMG_2028 (Large).JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,369
  • IMG_2026 (Large).JPG
    IMG_2026 (Large).JPG
    68 KB · Views: 1,384
  • IMG_2030 (Large).JPG
    IMG_2030 (Large).JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,344
  • IMG_2006 (Large).JPG
    IMG_2006 (Large).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,367
Somehow I am reminded of Huckleberry Finn and a fence painting party. :lol:

well, it was a drinking party originally with fun and games ( no lectures please :) ) , but a friend saw the maul in the corner of my shed and well......... it turned into a macho man competition!

It appears that it is a Monster Maul which would make it even more macho. I can't even lift one of those suckers anymore.

BrotherBart said:
It appears that it is a Monster Maul which would make it even more macho. I can't even lift one of those suckers anymore.

that it its.... that it is.....

75% beer muscles though!

Cool! I figured it was an event like you said in second post. Who splits at night? (actually, I do when I'm having a dispute with wife). Well, at least you'll share some of the labor.

Hey guys, watch this! Hell, even the photographer's safety was in jeopardy. Glad I wasn't there. Maybe 30 or 40 years ago, but not anymore. Rick

Looks like a party to me! I hope you all stayed away from the chainsaw! Are you gonna have them all back next week to finish?

ill have to finish . have about 3+ cords of rounds i have to split still ...... ugh....

Who is the guy in the blue shirt with the BIG arms? He looks like he should be in the wrestling ring by his size. ;-P

Shipper

WoodButcher80 said:
hah. just a buddy who wants to become an honorary woodbutcher
Well I could use a buddy like that, I am 6'1 and weigh around 250 and I don't have arms like him :roll:

But then again, I am old now. ;-P

Shipper

Way to go WoodButcher, LOL...I remember those days fondly.

'Course I'm wondering if this wood mauling party was fueled by an excessive amount of alcoholic beverages if . . .

a) the maul came up missing the next morning, but was eventually found embedded 20 feet up in a nearby pine tree or

b) the guys split up 2 cords of wood within an hour or so . . . but promptly burned up 1.78 cords of that wood by dumping it on to the nearby bon fire.

:) ;)

actually Jake ,

its gonna be a 2 part answer.

yes, excessive drinking led to increased conceived bicep size and wood blasting abilities.

yes, the stubborn knot pieces ended up in the inferno where all the sane party-goers were at . it was a shame to throw good oak in there.... but they had to be punished ! :)

BrotherBart said:
Somehow I am reminded of Huckleberry Finn and a fence painting party. :lol:

oh, and btw, its Tom Sawyer .

Looks more like Paul Bunyan. Where'd you hide Babe?

captured photos of the Butcher's Lair ...

Attachments

• IMG_2054 (Large).JPG
    IMG_2054 (Large).JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 415
  • woodbutcher's lair merged (Large).jpg
    woodbutcher's lair merged (Large).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_2048 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2048 (Medium).JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 407
That's a cool old splitter! Seen some use too.

thanks. 18hp 1959 wisconsin 2cylinder. 22gpm pump . its nice,doesnt skip a beat on 24" rounds. was yellow, painted her black cus the Butcher's lady said it stood out too much. :)

The last time I attempted a maul party, I sent a piece of red oak into my fanclubs shin.

WoodButcher

I don't let anyone stand within 30 ft. of me when I'm using Thumper (monster maul clone) ... or any other ax, maul, or sledge. I've had Thumper, and the super-splitter maul, slip out of my hands and fly (past my knees by inches). That could do some serious damage.

Peace,
- Sequoia

As soon as I seen the pictures I knew drinking was involved! lol My friends and I have had that look many times. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.