Just Started Burning Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

90 Degree Elbow

Nov 27, 2007
Eastern Ontario
So after getting my first oil bill for the year at a $1.00 a Litre, I decided to put a wood stove in my basement. I know not the best place but really the only place it would work.

I have been in the Hearth industry 2 years and everyday it seems that I learn something new.

I work for a VC dealer and decided to go with a Steel Osburn 2300,Throught the wall and up 20 feet Selkirk Super Pro Chimney.

So far it is great we have a made a few adjustments and so far with the furnace fan running we can keep upstairs at 70 while the basement is 84.

The furnace has only kicked in 3 times!! Ya !

Thanks for all the information and advice.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Festivus for the rest.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. You'll love that wood heat more and more as time passes.

Buck those logs and split them as soon as you can so they will have time to season properly.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.