Just started on my second pallet of Okanagans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
Last night I emptied the last of the October Okanagan's that I purchased at BJ.s in Taunton, Ma in October.

Tonight I started the second pallet of Okies I purchased at J&S in Berkley, Ma last month.

So that brings me up to 118 bags of pellets this year so far.

50 NEWP (Jaffery)
65 Okanagan (BJ's 1.3 ton clear bags)
2 Bayou (local hardware store test (JUNK dirt in a bag))
1 Okanagan (J&S 1 ton white bags) 49 more to go.

The winter has been fairly mild here on the Cape.
Stove has been running every day since October. I average about 1 bag a day, more if cold and windy.
Since Jan 1 the HHO furnace keeps the house warmer than 55 during the day.
Pellets at night through late morning till hopper runs out. Keeps house at comfortable 72.
I refill and relight when I get home.
Really like the Okies. Clean and hot. I'll get more for next year.
---Nailer---

I agree. I'm finishing up the last of my Okies. I have 10 more bags to go. Still have a couple tons of Lignetics in the basement. I'm actually thinking of buying more Okies and saving the Ligs for...next year? Nah. I've got to burn them so I can load up on the Okies and cubex for next year!

Chan

Status
Not open for further replies.