Just too easy, how could I pass it up. Scrounge pics.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodpileOCD

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2011
Central NC
This has got to be one of the easiest scrounges I've ever had. Cut and stacked at the edge of the road. My daughter actually spotted this one and called me. She's developing quite the eye for wood these days. It's all pine and cut to 16 to 20 inch lengths. Took me all of 10 minutes to load it in the trailer and it'l take probably an hour and a half to get it split and stacked. I'm estimating 1/3 of a cord here. Nice straight pieces with hardly a limb showing so it should just fall apart when I threaten it with the Fiskars. :coolgrin:

Oh yea, this is what March in the Carolina's looks like.

Attachments

• pine scrounge-1.jpg
    pine scrounge-1.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 739
  • pine scrounge-2.jpg
    pine scrounge-2.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 745
Nice job. Last year I had a string of luck with pine, which for most of us is not the favorite species, but when it is like what you got (and what I got last year) free wood is free wood, good for the shoulder season. I say, "Easy peezy it's like slicing cheesy" :)

Rode by to look at it yesterday evening but couldn't stop. My wife asked me if I was worried about someone else getting it and I said no because it was pine. Except for us hearth.com edumacated Southerners no one else I know of would even look at it twice.

JFK said:
Nice job, good for the shoulder season.

Hey hey hey now, what the heck am I gonna burn in the non shoulder season? ;-P
That stuff lookes like to be Yukon gold there.
Cheers

north of 60 said:
Hey hey hey now, what the heck am I gonna burn in the non shoulder season? ;-P
That stuff lookes like to be Yukon gold there.
Cheers

You know your pine and our pine is different! :)

WoodpileOCD, that is a good find for sure but what is all that green stuff we see in the picture? And then there is that funny looking tree in the background too. I'm confused because it looks like the month of May. Maybe you took that picture last year?

Backwoods Savage said:
WoodpileOCD, that is a good find for sure but what is all that green stuff we see in the picture? And then there is that funny looking tree in the background too. I'm confused because it looks like the month of May. Maybe you took that picture last year?

Yea, around these parts, we start celebrating the end of winter in late Feb. The plants and flowers know that it's "officially" spring starting tonight and are behaving accordingly. I would suggest that you have your trees and flowers and such fall in line with the official start of Spring there in MI. Have the govt pass some kind of law or something, that always takes care of problems like that right?

You celebrate. We'll shovel.... Ya, the government. That is all we need is another problem like that!

Hey WoodpileOCD. Nice trailer. I have one just like it.

ponyboync said:

Thanks, got it about 20 years ago as a flatbed and built it up. What hasn't been hauled in it over the years ain't worth haulin. :coolsmile:

Another thing we have in common.

WoodpileOCD said:
ponyboync said:

Thanks, got it about 20 years ago as a flatbed and built it up. What hasn't been hauled in it over the years ain't worth haulin. :coolsmile:

It needs fenders to be legal. Just sayin. ;-)

north of 60 said:
WoodpileOCD said:
ponyboync said:

Yea, probably does but its been like that for the 22 years I've had it. Been haulin it around without a tag for the last 15. This is North Carolina were talking about. Home of 'redneck trailers'. I think mine looks pretty legal by comparison.... Just sayin. :smirk:

How bout yours ponyboync, your'e from NC. You have fenders on yours, tag for that matter?

Attachments

• rntrailer 1.jpg
    rntrailer 1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 246
  • redneck_horse_trailer.jpg
    redneck_horse_trailer.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 362
Nothing to be taken on the chin. We have our fair share of northern Hillbillies with their get ups.
Safe stove installs and safe scrounging has been the idea around here with positive input. Well most of the time anyway. :)
Cheers

WoodpileOCD said:
north of 60 said:
WoodpileOCD said:
ponyboync said:

Yea, probably does but its been like that for the 22 years I've had it. Been haulin it around without a tag for the last 15. This is North Carolina were talking about. Home of 'redneck trailers'. I think mine looks pretty legal by comparison.... Just sayin. :smirk:

How bout yours ponyboync, your'e from NC. You have fenders on yours, tag for that matter?

No fenders or tag on mine. Got pulled over once by the law though. He wanted to tell me the tire was rubbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.