Just wanted to say thanks!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven

Dec 1, 2012
Western Massachusetts
Thanks to this wonderful site, I avoided some of the "newbie" issues on getting a fireplace insert installed.:) THANKS!

Went with a Enviro Boston 1700. So far, I love it. Toasty Toes!

One of the things I learned here is everyone loves "Pics"

fireplace.jpg
wood pile.jpg

Nice wood stacks!

Enjoy the heat. I hope shorts and t-shirts end up being your standard uniform throughout the winter.

Nice stacks of wood and a nice install congrats.

You got wood!

Would be even nicer in single rows.

Great, clean setup! I envy your firewood nook.

We really liked the Enviro stuff, but were 1/4" shy of the necessary firebox size. Bummer.

Enjoy.

Welcome Haven and nice set-up!

You got wood!

Would be even nicer in single rows.
I don't do single stacks, takes up too much space. If I went single stack with 16-24 cord of wood, my property would look like a large, strange maze and by the winter I would be dragging the wheelbarrow all the way to the end of the property just to get some wood.

I don't do single stacks takes up too much space. If I went single stack with 16-24 cord of wood, my property would look like a large, strange maze and by the winter I would be dragging the wheelbarrow all the way to the end of the property just to get some wood.
That's a lot of wood!
I keep one years worth ahead.
I get about 3 cords and a 1/3 every spring.

That's a lot of wood!
I keep one years worth ahead.
I get about 3 cords and a 1/3 every spring.
Right now I am at 16 cord. Next year I will hit 20 cord. I plan to keep going until I hit 40 cord. I buy all my wood due to the time it takes to process that much wood. Cost-wise, since I don't have to buy or rent any equipment, it really isn't that big of a difference for me when compared to buying uncut logs.

So, 10 face cord.==c
Sorry, couldn't resist.
I would have posted it that way but it seems to drive some people nuts! lmao!

BTW Browning..I buy all my wood now also.
I cut apple and cherry for like 20 years or more when I lived and worked on a fruit farm.

BTW Browning..I buy all my wood now also.
I cut apple and cherry for like 20 years or more when I lived and worked on a fruit farm.
We seem to be in the minority around here. If I only needed 2-4 cord of wood a year, I would consider scrounging, but trying to get ahead while burning 8 cord a year would take a massive amount of time for me. I found a good supplier finally, and he's happy to deliver 10-12 cord of wood to me each year.

After stacking all that wood nice and neat. I'm finding it hard to pull the wood off the pile. It just looks to darn nice!

And that cat is worth her weight in gold. She's the best mouser ever.

Reactions: milleo
Status
Not open for further replies.