Just what we like to see.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
The sun and dry weather here in CT is showing no mercy on my hickory stack.

Attachments

• checks.jpg
    checks.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 730
Great picture.

My wife thinks I'm mad when I open up our woodshed doors (not in the same league as you guys with log stacks - still I can dream) "just to have a look" with our two young boys.

Looking like it's drying very well. When we have these low humidity, warm dry days firewood really cracks open and lets the moisture out.

You guy's should live in Colorado, when I first started getting my wood laid up for winter I was all freaked out that it had to season for a year, the humidity is so low and the sun shines so much that everybody cuts their wood in the spring with the attitude that it will be ready to go after drying all summer

You can usually get away with splitting pine and drying in 6 months or so here in Wyoming too. Year dried stuff is still pretty nice though. Of course mentioning pine in a thread with such a nice shot of HICKORY is almost blasphemous. :)
I'm going on a cruise to the east coast in mid september. I've been trying to devise a way to stash a load of good hard wood in my luggage to bring back with me. J/K

Shane said:
You can usually get away with splitting pine and drying in 6 months or so here in Wyoming too. Year dried stuff is still pretty nice though. Of course mentioning pine in a thread with such a nice shot of HICKORY is almost blasphemous. :)
I'm going on a cruise to the east coast in mid september. I've been trying to devise a way to stash a load of good hard wood in my luggage to bring back with me. J/K

Splits on a Plane . . .sounds like an excellent movie idea :)

my wood is piled and uncovered this year.drying faster than it ever has.would like some of that hickory though.

Awesome pic, Butcher. I just set it as my screen background.

Status
Not open for further replies.