Kalamazoo Columbia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dtarq

Apr 4, 2016
Pittsburgh PA
image.jpg
I would like any information on this stove. It is in our hunting camp which we bought in 1966. It has a 28 cast on the inside of the ash door, might this be the year it was made? It Also has two pipe nipples on the back that were once connected to a hot water tank. Any info would be appreciated also a value if possible. Thanks.

Around here they go for more in good condition. It looks like it is decent and as long as the internals are not burnt out in our area it would easily get $700 to $800. But if the enamel is beat up or it needs work inside it would only be $250 to $300

The enamel looks chipped on the base and stove top looks a bit rough. Considering it's off-season now I came up with the $500 figure.

The enamel looks chipped on the base and stove top looks a bit rough. Considering it's off-season now I came up with the $500 figure.
Those chips are not bad and the top doesn't look like it would take much to clean up I have seen allot worse sell for quite a bit here. I think it would go for more than 500 here but maybe not. If I where trying to sell it i would ask 800 and expect to get 650 or so. That all depends on the inside though. Around here the amish and mennonites drive up the price for good working cook stoves so the price is a little higher than allot of areas

Good point. Sounds like it's worth a bit of spit and polish and maybe some porcelain touch up on the base.

Good point. Sounds like it's worth a bit of spit and polish and maybe some porcelain touch up on the base.
The price will be greatly dependent on the local market. This is especially true of cook stoves some areas no one uses them at all so the price will be pretty low. But I have also seen really nice looking cook stoves with the guts burnt out of them sell for 4 to 5 hundred just for decoration.

Yes, this is not the prettiest Kalamazoo model out there. If it was an older classic in great shape then I would have estimated higher. But you never know, it may fit someone's decor to a tee. No harm in asking a bit more on craigslist and see who bites.

Yes, this is not the prettiest Kalamazoo model out there. If it was an older classic in great shape then I would have estimated higher.
Yes I totally agree it is a pretty basic model. A bigger or more decorative one would go for more without a doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.