1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Kaowool without the foil

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by rmcfall, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmcfall

rmcfall Feeling the Heat

Any problem with using Kaowool without the foil when wrapping a liner?

What sort of materials from a Lowes or Home Depot are recommended for holding such a blanket onto a liner? Stainless wire?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Boulder County
    I would use the product intended for the job. Rember over time that isulatuon has to stay on the pipee, wire might come undone. I posted this link so you can see what it looks like, not neccesarily recomending the online dealer. Armor mesh is cheap. Its a stainless steel weave that slips around the liner like a sock. worm gear clamps hold in at the top and bottme. Armor Mesh
  3. rmcfall

rmcfall Feeling the Heat

Good point. I didn't realize the armor mesh was so inexpensive.

In an earlier post of yours, you mentioned that 1/2" provides zero clearance. I am going to be insulating a liner that will be installed inside a masonry chimney and found a place that sells the 1" for the same price as the 1/2". I suppose there won't be any advantage to the 1" since 1/2" does the job, huh?

4. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Boulder County
    That logic seems right, it might make you go to a larger armour mesh tube, which can increase the price by a small bit. I dont think you will see any difference with 1" vs 1/2" but the one inch cant hurt.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.