1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Keeping glass clean on Englander NC30

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by itzjerm, Dec 9, 2010.

1. itzjerm

itzjerm New Member

Loc:
    North Alabama
    Is it possible to keep the front glass on the englander crystal clear? (or relatively close) The glass has a pretty heavey haze now. (usually from closing down damper in evening ... clouded by morning) High temperatures remove some hazing... but still there is a fair amount left.

Do people clean this regularly? Thoughts? Help is appreciated.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. shawneyboy

shawneyboy New Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    haze removal 101 ...... take newspaper, get it slightly wet, dip in gray ash from stove, rub across glass, follow with clean paper towel, glass is now crystal clear.

Hope this helps.

Oh and howcome you have been a member for 9 months and only posted 7 times ??? jk
  3. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    My 30 gets a white haze that I clean off roughly weekly or when company is coming over. I just use a paper towel and sprayway glass cleaner.

pen
  4. itzjerm

itzjerm New Member

Loc:
    North Alabama
    Because I've been outside cutting wood. Oh and the fact we moved to the backwoods of tennessee where the internet does not exist. (Thank goodness for wifi at some McDonalds... that is when we drive 25 minutes to get to one of those).
  5. itzjerm

itzjerm New Member

Loc:
    North Alabama
    oh and thanks for the info i'll give it a try. Do people do this daily? Or just when they can't handle the haze anymore.
  6. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    It is primarily dependent upon the severity of one's OCD :)

pen
  7. shawneyboy

shawneyboy New Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    +1 to that.......
  8. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Load it N/S and quit putting a split in front of that damned "zipper" sticking up in front. Keep it aimed between two splits and you will cut the hazing significantly. Air from that thing bounces off the end of a split and right back into the glass defeating the airwash and depositing the gases from the end of the split on the glass.